FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts new paintings by Heather Pleasant 1/15/08
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
new paintings by Heather Pleasant 1/15/08
ms pleasant
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-15 7:22 pm   Permalink

Hi everybody!! I've been painting a bit, dreaming of a warm sunny tropical vacation. It's freezing outside and there is an inch of snow on the ground,but it's amazing what the right music, some extra wood in the fireplace, and a good imagination can do for your soul in the middle of winter. Here is my painting of the 4 Pleasants on our family vacation.

Here is another one.

Thank you Keigs for framing them.

View Profile of ms pleasant Send a personal message to ms pleasant      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-15 7:26 pm   Permalink

I dig number 2, it looks like a RED velvet painting!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mad Cap Romanian

Posted: 2008-01-17 01:42 am   Permalink

Looks great! Keep 'em comming!

For the first picture on p.1, you can cut the glare out by turning off your camera's flash. Just put the painting under brighter lights, or outside in direct sunlight works best.

View Profile of Mad Cap Romanian Send a personal message to Mad Cap Romanian  Goto the website of Mad Cap Romanian     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-17 1:00 pm   Permalink

Yea hanging out inside in the winter and creating your own warm tropical vibe is the best! Nice paintings Heather. wish you were closer we could have a girls painting day! Dawn

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ms pleasant
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-20 8:50 pm   Permalink

Thanks Big Bro, I like that one too. Less is more sometimes. I primered and painted the board first with bright red and then sketched my design with acrylic paint pens and I really like the effect letting the bright red show through has.

Mad Cap Romanian, you are right, we have since gotten a better camera and are are also getting more skilled at taking pictures. Thank you for the advise.

Dawn, that would be very cool to live closer. You are invited anytime you want to drop in!! We will have to get together sometime. We have been recieving lots of compliments on the painting we got from you. I love it more every time I look at it.

View Profile of ms pleasant Send a personal message to ms pleasant      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation