FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Little Lost Tiki(Ken Ruzic)'s Latest Masterpiece!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Little Lost Tiki(Ken Ruzic)'s Latest Masterpiece!!!
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-11 7:45 pm   Permalink

I am not one to brag...BUT.....I am the proud owner of a One-Of-A-Kind fully customized, enchantified, colorfied, personalized...Why it's THE ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM HOLY GRAIL TIKI MUG handpainted by Little Lost Tiki.... On display at the Soccer Tiki Grotto and coming to TC Events the I attend!

Take a look:

THE CONCEPT

THE FINISHED PRODUCT

THE FAMILY

I feel very fortunate to have made friends with Ken. His work is unbelievable! If you haven't seen his tiki concepts, then you are surely missing an important evolution in tiki style! Keep up the great work Ken!
SoccerTiki

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-11 9:52 pm   Permalink

WoooHooo! Little Lost Tiki your work is INCREDIBLE!!!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-11 10:57 pm   Permalink

Great mug! Awesome artwork as always Ken

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-11 11:08 pm   Permalink

Cool mug... Hows do I gets one..

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 01:20 am   Permalink

Wow, that mug kicks tiki butt!!! Can't wait to see what he does to my moai!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-12 06:10 am   Permalink

Very nice indeed.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 09:21 am   Permalink

Ok, this one I like...
K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 10:16 am   Permalink

That must have started out as a non-glazed mug? The detail is so much more crisp. The other characters look camouflage next to Ken's.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 11:24 am   Permalink

Hi kids!
Peeked my head in here to see what all the hullaballoo was... (plus when somethin's got your name on it-you get curious-and a lil' scared at the same time!!!!old enemies/girlfriends/stalkers-that kind of stuff...) and then was disappointed....I already saw that mug!
Thanks you all for lovin it,and thank you Soccertiki for providing the means to bring this project to life! I won't thank you for all the beatings and whippings, but after reading of Benvenuto Cellini's trouble with patrons (jail-threats of excommunication-attempted murder) I feel very lucky to have escaped fates far worse! As for the process, I started with a bisque original (just like the one we worked on for the DVA gallery show last year) Did the studies/colorways-which was the worse part of it (For such a big macho guy-he sure is very Martha Stewart-like when it comes to colors!)/then I painted it up with gouache(it soaks in just enough and retains the colors pretty close) then sealed it a few times inside and out with a satin glaze (that's half matte/half gloss)/after that I added some raised areas with puff paint and after drying sealed those a couple of times -and that's how it gots done! Thanks again Chris, and all of you envious mug collectors!
ps: I forgot! Fellow artists! He also is very professional and prompt with his payments!!!
(He made me say that!)

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2007-03-14 08:28 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-12 11:30 am   Permalink

FANTASTIC! ................*

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 1:34 pm   Permalink

That rocks the house!!!!! As does all of Ken's stuff-always a crowd pleaser!!!

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-13 8:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-11 23:08, NOTCH wrote:
Cool mug... Hows do I gets one..

You gotta kiss up to Ken and wait until he has the time! **Just kidding!*** You just gotta be in the right place, at the right time! And beg a little!

"Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ This Message was edited by: soccertiki 2007-03-14 16:38 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-28 9:38 pm   Permalink

Keep an eye open for this mug at The Tiki Room Tribute this weekend

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-21 7:52 pm   Permalink

Bump!

Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-22 06:55 am   Permalink

Really nice mug. Thanks for sharing the process. I'm always curious as to how things are actually done. Looking forward to seeing more.

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation