FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel tahiti joe's las vegas
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
tahiti joe's las vegas
Tikinaut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-11 7:46 pm   Permalink

This restaurant/bar is located in the Tahiti Village resort in Las Vegas. I was told it would be opening shortly. Although, when I looked in the window, it appeared that there was still quite a bit of construction going on inside. Does anyone have any more information on this restaurant? I was here in early March 2007.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikinaut 2007-11-05 08:54 ]

View Profile of Tikinaut Send a personal message to Tikinaut  Goto the website of Tikinaut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 3:10 pm   Permalink

heh, i saw tht sign yesterday. it's 2 blocks from my house. i'll check it out as soon as it's open.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinaut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-17 3:16 pm   Permalink

Cool! Let me know. I'll be back in Vegas this October.

View Profile of Tikinaut Send a personal message to Tikinaut  Goto the website of Tikinaut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-03-17 4:19 pm   Permalink

looks interesting....i'm thirsty.

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 5:06 pm   Permalink

p u p u [apostrophe?] s?

[ This Message was edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-03-17 17:07 ]

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 9:13 pm   Permalink

Yeah, carved up the logo tiki for them. I was hired by OA to carve it up and then LeRoy painted it and made it come to life.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 10:02 pm   Permalink

How much to whip up a ,"Dia De Los Marquesos Glossy" Mug?....You gotz some of da maddest skillz, TD.

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 9:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-17 21:13, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Yeah, carved up the logo tiki for them. I was hired by OA to carve it up and then LeRoy painted it and made it come to life.

Tiki Diablo and crew single-handedly re-tikifying Vegas!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-21 12:45 am   Permalink

I only did the tiki, but was hired through OA to do it. Bosko supplied them with some moulding and a couple of 6-7 foot tikis and said Oa also provided a ton of artifacts too. Let us know when it opens up.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-21 01:18 am   Permalink

will have to check out this place when i hit Vegas in August

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-23 8:18 pm   Permalink

This puts a tear in my eye -The old Tiki guard and the new Tiki generation, all working together on one joint!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-24 3:13 pm   Permalink

My mom has a timeshare in Cancun from this parent company, she wants to trade it for the Tahiti Village in August so I might get a chance to check it out then.

Here's the web site for a "virtual tour" of the property...

http://www.consolidatedresorts.com/property_tahiti_village.aspx

Nothing on the restaraunt though...

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-27 2:59 pm   Permalink

would this POSSIBLY be opening THIS WEEKEND?-- cuz thats when I will be there!
Will be going to Mickey Finns hype or no--we are gambling downtown so legit or not --it HAS a tiki so its on the list

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinaut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-27 3:17 pm   Permalink

Keep in mind that there are TWO Tahiti Village resorts in Las Vegas. The one with the TIKI bar is on the far south end of the strip on Las Vegas Blvd.

I hope they do this place up right. The Tahiti Village resort is sort of lacking in Tikiness. They have a few masks here and there, but the place needs to be taken up a few notches. Hopefully, this new bar will have a good Tipsy factor.

If you get a chance to go here, please keep us all posted...

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-27 3:27 pm   Permalink

i drove by the other day and looked in. the doors were closed, but there is a menu put up next to the door in a glass case. i will definitely go by this week one day after work. the place is only 1/2" mile from my house, maybe less.

2 nice tikis flanking the door, nice and shiny.

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2007-03-27 15:28 ]

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation