FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel tahiti joe's las vegas
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
tahiti joe's las vegas
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 09:57 am   Permalink

hmmm MAN that would be cool if THIS was the weekend...kind of a minor point in the scheme of this trip but ANY tiki is good...we might make a FORAY into the HOITY TOITY with a early raid of the PLAYBOY CLUB but we are FAR from high rollers

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 6:21 pm   Permalink

tahit joe's is open. they have happy hour from 3-6pm and 11pm-2am. i'm going a little later. maybe take pics.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 08:23 am   Permalink

well, tahiti joe's is very nice. the TiPSI factor is really high. i'm going tonight to talk with the manager and take some photos. the drinks were good and the bartenders are trying very hard. you have to ask for your mai tai made with the original recipe. i told the bartender the place needed tiki music and he put on reggae. oh, well, it's only the 3rd day open. the decor is top notch, though.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wjake
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-30 06:24 am   Permalink

How far south on the Strip is it? Is it easy to find? Website? I won't have transportation and will be staying at the Flamingo. I really wanna try it...!

View Profile of wjake Send a personal message to wjake  Goto the website of wjake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinaut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-30 06:32 am   Permalink

Tahiti Village is located directly on the far south end of The Strip at 7200 Las Vegas Blvd S. You can't miss it. A taxi ride from your hotel will take you there in minutes.

View Profile of Tikinaut Send a personal message to Tikinaut  Goto the website of Tikinaut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-30 3:03 pm   Permalink

the manager asked me to post this here and said to just print it out, bring it in and say your from tiki central and it will be honored. his name is jim tracy.

Tikinaut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-30 3:35 pm   Permalink

Cool! I wish I was in Vegas right now so I could use that coupon...

Hey, can you post some photos of the interior here?

View Profile of Tikinaut Send a personal message to Tikinaut  Goto the website of Tikinaut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-30 3:42 pm   Permalink

i took my camera last night and only got 2 shots before the batteries died. i'm going back on sat. and will get more photos.

sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-02 09:11 am   Permalink

Leaving to Vegas Wed am, I'll try to make it to Tahiti Joes! wheeeeeeee
PEa

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mauinlv

Posted: 2007-04-19 2:47 pm   Permalink

Yes, Tahiti Joe's is open now... my daughter is a server there so make sure you all tip well.... LOL!!!!! Fun place, great food!!!

View Profile of mauinlv Send a personal message to mauinlv      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaRob

Posted: 2007-04-20 10:34 pm   Permalink

I went by this Tahiti Joe's and it was great. The food was unbelievable and its the closest to a real tiki bar I have ever seen. And I was shocked that the prices were not the typical "strip" prices.

Aloha

View Profile of AlohaRob Send a personal message to AlohaRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thomas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-29 7:14 pm   Permalink

Awesome! I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Vegas. But I guess I'm like Haole'akamai in feeling compelled to note that their lovely sign features a glaring grammatical error:
"Hey! Looks like a classy join/
... oh, gosh ... 'pupu-apostrophe-s' -- they're on the dark side too..."

View Profile of Thomas Send a personal message to Thomas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-29 9:07 pm   Permalink

We will be in Las Vegas the 13th - 16th of May. Any one want to meet up at TJ's? Are the open for lunch or is it a bar. My favorite drink is diet Pepsi with lime. I only have it on vacations or the caffeine keeps me awake. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Crowntiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-29 9:10 pm   Permalink

I went a few weeks ago, and its definitely got the most tiki decor in town. Tons of Oceanic Arts items on all the walls, they definitely bought-out the whole OA catalog. The vibe reminds me of the inside of The Tikis in Waikiki, but unfortunately without the ocean to go with it. The overall place was a little too well-lit for my tastes, feeling more Denny's than Trader Vic's. Food and drink were decent, but I wanted to launch my Mai Tai after listening to an hour of reggae and bad 90s pop music. My advice is to bring an IPod with some Martin Denny, because the soundtrack is insufferable... Overall I think they did a decent job with a joint thats obviously geared more towards average joe tourists craving a pina colada than the hardcore tiki freaks... And I guess it doesn't bode well that in this city barren of tiki, I feel little desire to make a return visit. But for out-of-towners, its worth a quick lunch on the way to the Strip...

View Profile of Crowntiki Send a personal message to Crowntiki  Goto the website of Crowntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-30 09:18 am   Permalink

The Tikis on Oahu has a lot of Gecko's original art work from small to very large carvings.

The Alibi up in Portland Oregon five years ago was so dark that we didn't see most of the art until we viewed our photos when we got home.

Too light isn't better either, we will check it out, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation