FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Travel » » tahiti joe's las vegas
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
tahiti joe's las vegas
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 10:57 am   Permalink

Aloha!
All of your opinions are indeed valid, Ladies & Gentlemen, however I just gotta tell ya that this is the first locals place in Vegas in about a ga-zillion years, and it's way better than it coulda been! The owner actually had them REMOVE the Denny's-type crap that was ordered and installed and replaced it with much more tropical stuff at his own expense. He really is trying to make it as "Tiki-fied" as possible, yet not alienate the average patron. Pdrake is slowly "guiding" him in the right direction, and soon there will most likely be more tiki stuff, better lighting, better music, and maybe, just maybe, things to buy... (I'll let ya stew on that one).

So hang in there, folks! It's a work in progress that's worth nursing along to maturity!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinaut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-30 11:06 am   Permalink

Can someone please upload some photos of the interior? I'm dying to see what this place looks like inside.

View Profile of Tikinaut Send a personal message to Tikinaut  Goto the website of Tikinaut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thomas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 2:15 pm   Permalink

Good, positive comments Tiki Lee's. I made a semi-serious dig about a grammatical point but it's definitely important to be reminded of the big point: that an enterprise like that takes a lot of time and hard work to develop.

View Profile of Thomas Send a personal message to Thomas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiBoiLV

Posted: 2007-05-05 11:47 am   Permalink

Tahiti Joe's website has officially launched! You can view their full menu and a video of the place.

www.tahitijoeslasvegas.com

View Profile of TikiBoiLV Send a personal message to TikiBoiLV      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinaut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-05 7:10 pm   Permalink

Very interesting. I'll definitely have to stop by when I return to Vegas in October. Although, as another poster here stated, I think a little less lighting would lend itself well to the overall atmosphere.

View Profile of Tikinaut Send a personal message to Tikinaut  Goto the website of Tikinaut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wjake
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-09 7:25 pm   Permalink

Went this past weekend for a birthday mai tai. Thought I had taken more pics but it was video...sorry! Drink was good, service a bit slow, and, would have LOVED some Martin Denny or Les Baxter but had to settle for rock being piped in.

And an airplane crashed in the middle of the road just blocks from them Friday night...

View Profile of wjake Send a personal message to wjake  Goto the website of wjake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-13 10:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-05 11:47, TikiBoiLV wrote:
Tahiti Joe's website has officially launched! You can view their full menu and a video of the place.

http://www.tahitijoeslasvegas.com

Outstanding!

Now, I have a place to go in Las Vegas other than Glitter Gulch and Mickey Finz.

[ This Message was edited by: christiki295 2007-05-13 10:22 ]

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 10:31 am   Permalink

Yeah, as much as I hate to say it, Micky Finnz falls WAY short of being a Tiki Joint. Even dispite the fantastic contributions by Tiki Diablo, the place tries too hard to be a Jimmy Buffet place. And the food is awful; my wife got sick BOTH times we ate there! Too bad 'cuz the servers are nice.

Now, Tahiti Joe's has done it up right. Even though they've made the place "accessable" to all tastes, it's POLYNESIAN and not Marga-fricken-ritaville!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 8:52 pm   Permalink

yeah but how are the drinks at Tahiti Joes really? compared to say trader vics?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 10:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-22 20:52, bigtikidude wrote:
yeah but how are the drinks at Tahiti Joes really? compared to say trader vics?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

From the site:

Tahiti Joe’s will transport you to the ultimate tropical setting where cool drinks and island rhythms await. At the Tiki lounge we offer spirited drinks like the:

Joe’s Tahitian Amnesia • Forbidden Jungle • Beachcomber

Sample Joe’s Head Hunters’ Ote’a. This refreshing drink serves four and is sure to get any occasion off to a great start! You can even have it served with in a souvenir scorpion bowl to take home. Or, for something a bit more stylish, you can try one of seven variations of Joe’s Stoneface Martinis or a Blazing Sunset Mojito. Once you’ve quenched your thirst, you’ll want to sample some of Tahiti Joe’s signature dishes. Our menu includes mouth watering appetizers, build-your-own pizzas, Polynesian-inspired entrées, and decadent desserts. There’s even a tasty selection of entrées for the little ones.We’re sure once you’ve experienced the excitement of Tahiti Joe’s you’ll come back. And remember, there’s no better place in Las Vegas for Happy Hour than Tahiti Joe’s!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki fly boy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-12 9:16 pm   Permalink

My wife planned a surprise birthday party for me at Tahiti Joe's. The food was good, but the drinks were alright. Their $45 souvenir scorpion bowl was a Tiki Farm Drei Moai bowl, and the drink didn't make up for the price. But all in all, it was a great party.

View Profile of tiki fly boy Send a personal message to tiki fly boy  Goto the website of tiki fly boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinaut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-13 10:48 am   Permalink

Thanks for the pics! Looks very Trader Vics-ish inside. But I say lose the TV set and dim the lights a little and this place would be perfect!

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-23 6:35 pm   Permalink

OMG! Now I definitely have to go back to Vegas!
Incredible tiki mecca in the middle of the desert.

Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 04:06 am   Permalink

We stopped by during our recent trip to Vegas.

Pleasant decor and good food. The servers wear these cute Tiki dresses and the place was definitely a breath of fresh air in the Valley of Sin. The dining room did have a bit of a (tropical) Denny's feel, but then again, we were there for lunch.

One thing though...I found it really difficult to order off their drinks menu. I eventually ordered a Kona Lager.
Each drink just sounded so sickly sweet. Just one too many "sweet" ingredients" in each drink. Some even called for a slush thing. I just couldn't take the chance.

In a city so competitive in cocktailing, they should really make an effort here...or they're not going to last.

[ This Message was edited by: Conga Mike 2007-06-24 04:08 ]

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-28 9:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the pictures.....we would kill in Sacramento to have a place like that!!! I will definitely hit it next time in Vegas.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation