FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel tahiti joe's las vegas
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
tahiti joe's las vegas
Tikinaut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-25 5:09 pm   Permalink

Do you know if this bankruptcy includes Tahiti Joe's? Their ribs were awesome.

View Profile of Tikinaut Send a personal message to Tikinaut      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lew
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-26 2:22 pm   Permalink

Just because the company is going into bankruptcy doesn't mean they'll be closing down Tahiti Joe's (or any of their operations for that matter). It does mean the they will be looking to cut whatever isn't profitable, so please go show your support and keep Joe's in business. It's not as good a bar as Frankies but unlike Frankies they have (damn good) food. I'd suggest hitting it for dinner and a drink or two, then finishing the night up at Frankies.

p.s. I guess it might be independently owned, but the same point still holds. Tough times for the Tahiti resort means tough times for Tahiti Joe's

View Profile of Tiki Lew Send a personal message to Tiki Lew      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tropicali*honey
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-27 11:08 pm   Permalink

We went there in April--it was right down the street from the condos we were at-only made it there for lunch, but I thought the food and service was great--it's def more of a restaurant- so it's not dark and "over" decorated for more for the masses--but not cheesy at all--very nicely done.

shameless photo...lulz

View Profile of tropicali*honey Send a personal message to tropicali*honey  Email tropicali*honey Goto the website of tropicali*honey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 11:36 am   Permalink

I saw this tread and was also going to post that we were there in April and enjoyed our visit. Looks like Honey beat me to it. The drinks we had were strong and the food was pretty good. We even got their silly mug.

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-30 10:39 pm   Permalink

I can't believe I missed this.
But I'm very glad others posted their reviews!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ToddVegas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-29 3:34 pm   Permalink

Tahiti Joe's in Vegas is alive and well! Or at least it was as of late February 2012 when I visited! This was my last visit before moving away from Las Vegas. We had some amazing pizza (I know, not very "tiki"), and soaked up the tiki atmosphere. Unfortunately, I could not drink alcohol at the time (due to medical reasons), so no review of the drinks. I really like this tiki oasis! It's not "kind of" tiki, or pseudo tiki... It's a straight-up tiki restaurant (IMHO). The restaurant is in the Tahiti Village time-share complex, but it's totally open to the public (and no, you do not have to sit through a time-share presentation, ha ha!). It's in the same complex, but has a separate entrance. I snapped some pics with my phone. It doesn't take good pictures in low light, but you can at least get a general idea of what the place looks like. Enjoy!

Part of the main dining room

Tiki!

Another tiki!

Men's bathroom sign

Exit door

Is a giant moai head with a nose ring and back-lit with red neon cheesy? Who cares?!

Yes, even the elevator was themed!

My father soaking up the tiki-ness in front of the building.

[ This Message was edited by: ToddVegas 2012-03-29 15:39 ]

View Profile of ToddVegas Send a personal message to ToddVegas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachytikichristine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-22 06:31 am   Permalink

My son and I visited recently hoping to get the tiki mugs they display and advertise on their menus but they didn't have any and said they didn't think they would get them at all.
So we went to the hotel gift shop and were surprised to find tiki mugs there!

View Profile of beachytikichristine Send a personal message to beachytikichristine  Email beachytikichristine Goto the website of beachytikichristine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-05-22 7:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-22 06:31, beachytikichristine wrote:
My son and I visited recently hoping to get the tiki mugs they display and advertise on their menus but they didn't have any and said they didn't think they would get them at all.

What mugs do they carry at the hotel?
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachytikichristine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-23 4:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-22 19:47, mrsmiley wrote:
Quote:

I'm going to have to ask my son tomorrow because looking at our Tiki mugs now I can't remember which ones they were...lol

View Profile of beachytikichristine Send a personal message to beachytikichristine  Email beachytikichristine Goto the website of beachytikichristine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachytikichristine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-23 4:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-22 19:47, mrsmiley wrote:
Quote:

I'm going to have to ask my son tomorrow because looking at our Tiki mugs now I can't remember which ones they were...lol

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-30 7:54 pm   Permalink

They need to do a little dusting
Had a drink at a table under the thatch bar
A big chunk of "Fuz dust" about the size of a small lime fell on our table off the thatch roof
Just missed my drink

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-05 3:42 pm   Permalink

This is all they have...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-04-07 5:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zinctiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-14 11:08 pm   Permalink

Interesting that they had Island Heritage mugs so recently. I bought these three tonight at the bar (Poolside Pineapple?) it's all they have right now. Beware if they pack them, two of three were broken and I had to go back!

[ This Message was edited by: Zinctiki 2013-08-14 23:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: zinctiki 2013-08-14 23:49 ]

View Profile of Zinctiki Send a personal message to Zinctiki  Email Zinctiki Goto the website of Zinctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-27 10:20 pm   Permalink

I am glad it is persevering. The menu is basic, although very cost effective, and while I am the opposite of a Mai Tai connoiseur, theirs was lacking. Nevertheless, the Tiki decor reigns supreme and I am glad I chose Tahiti Joes over Tommy Bahama Tropical Cafe.

However, some modifications have been made. Pool, ping-pong and air hockey tables have been added, along with a pair of video type games. My 3-year old loved it. I was less enthused, but if that keeps families at the time share coming, it is well worth it to keep the doors open.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation