FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Texas tikiphile gathering at Dallas Trader Vic's May 5th, 2007
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Texas tikiphile gathering at Dallas Trader Vic's May 5th, 2007
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 08:00 am   Permalink

Cinco de Mayo!!

May 5th is the day of our official gathering of Texas Tikiphiles at Trader Vics in Dallas.

Details are still being worked out, but the plan is for everyone to arrive and meet at the bar between 5:00 and 7:00 with dinner starting around 7:00.

This is something we have been ready to do for a couple of years and now that Trader Vics has opened the timing is PERFECT. If you're from out of town or out of state and have been wanting to see the new/old Vic's this is the time to visit!

I need an approximate head count to make the reservations which Id like to do by the first week of April or so. If you think you can come, respond to this thread so we can start our guest list.

The list so far:

Unkle John + guest
Rugbymatt + guest
Formikahini
Kenike + guest
Dobrolic + 2 guests
Benehune + guest
Rumbuddy + 3 guests
Calldon + guest
Limbo Lizard + guest
Don D'Ablo + guest
PremEx
blixathecat + guest

[ This Message was edited by: Kenike 2007-05-02 17:16 ]

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-14 1:24 pm   Permalink

Something quick I whipped up. I have a better design in my head (coming soon).

Texas Tikiphiles Unite!

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John 2007-03-14 13:35 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 11:12 am   Permalink

bump

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-19 06:03 am   Permalink

Yee-Haw! Glad I planned my return to the Big-D for that weekend. I am looking forward to meeting all the Tejas Ohana.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gretanicole
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-22 9:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much for the invite Kenike! =D

Not sure right now if I'll be able to make it.
Will let you know if I can make it for sure. ;D

View Profile of gretanicole Send a personal message to gretanicole      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-23 8:03 pm   Permalink

Come in, Dallas...do you read me?

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-30 07:51 am   Permalink

*bump*

Thanks to everyone who responded to my PM's. Looks like it's going to be a small party but it will most definitely be a blast! Finalizing reservations this weekend.

Where's all the Dallas ohana that COULDN'T WAIT for Trader Vic's to open so we could have a party?

Benehune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-03 09:44 am   Permalink

Kenike,
My wife and I will try to make it if we can find a sitter. If not, I will beg my wife to let me go alone.
Benehune

View Profile of Benehune Send a personal message to Benehune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-03 3:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-03 09:44, Benehune wrote:
Kenike,
My wife and I will try to make it if we can find a sitter. If not, I will beg my wife to let me go alone.
Benehune

Great to hear it! Please keep us posted.

Rumbuddy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-09 09:37 am   Permalink

Woohoo! Add two to the list for Dallas May 5. My husband and I just went Saturday night and I can't wait to go back for more tiki puka puka etcetera! After a few sips of one, I can't talk straight but I'm sure I'll have the best time!

View Profile of Rumbuddy Send a personal message to Rumbuddy  Email Rumbuddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-09 10:45 am   Permalink

I'm torn!
Part of me hopes we'll be a large group, and part of me hopes we're small enough to fit into the cool private room (a 10-seater?)!

Oh well, we win either way!

Counting the days.....

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-09 11:06 am   Permalink

Welcome Rumbuddy! FINALLY....someone else from the Dallas area.

Our reservations are in the Puka Room which is the room in the back behind the main dining room.

Rumbuddy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-09 1:23 pm   Permalink

Yes, Kenike, I am here, practically your neighbor, I live in Allen. I was on Tiki Central and believe we briefly met here a while back (one year? two years? I dunno where the time goes)when I first found the site and was dumbfounded that I was not the only tiki crazy person. None of my friends get it. I couldn't even talk them into coming to Trader Vic's with us, can you believe it? I told my husband we would just need to make some tiki friends at the bar, and here you all are, just another cocktail away.

Rumbuddy

View Profile of Rumbuddy Send a personal message to Rumbuddy  Email Rumbuddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-09 8:12 pm   Permalink

Wow! More people!

Man I knew it was going to be a good day for tiki since i picked up a Daga "Maui Lu Luau" coconut mug today and got some good news that the local Dollar Tree may be getting those libby mugs in soon. Now this! Man what other good news could I get today?

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-04-09 10:14 pm   Permalink

GROG wish GROG could join ya'll but GROG will be finishing up this damned Simpsons movie. GROG originally from Texas, grew up down near San Antonio. GROG went to east Texas State University in Commerce (now a division of A&M), just east of Dallas. GROG have a number of old college buddies and people that GROG worked with that still live in Dallas area, and a sister and her family that live outside of Dallas.
Ya'll have fun, and eat some Bluebell Icecream and some good Texas Barbecue for GROG.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2007-04-09 22:17 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation