FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Texas tikiphile gathering at Dallas Trader Vic's May 5th, 2007
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Texas tikiphile gathering at Dallas Trader Vic's May 5th, 2007
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-25 06:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-24 16:30, PremEx wrote:
...I rolled the dice and did a "Name Your Own Price" on Priceline...and got the Hotel Palomar (where Trader Vic's is located)...

I know where we will all be crashing at the end of the night

Texas Tikiphiles Unite!

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John 2007-04-25 06:31 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-27 11:26 am   Permalink

I'm going by Trader Vic's this evening and will give them our final (but flexible) count. If your name is on the list and you CAN'T come PLEASE email me ASAP. If your name is NOT on the list and you WANT to come...please email me ASAP.

See everyone on the 5th!

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blixathecat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-30 6:59 pm   Permalink

Did everyone have a great time at the new Traders Vics? I was in San Francisco that weekend and had to miss the party. Let me know if you plan on having another gathering soon.

=)

View Profile of blixathecat Send a personal message to blixathecat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 8:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-30 18:59, blixathecat wrote:
Did everyone have a great time at the new Traders Vics? I was in San Francisco that weekend and had to miss the party. Let me know if you plan on having another gathering soon.

=)

You're in luck! You didn't miss it... it's this weekend. Hope to meet you.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blixathecat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-02 3:59 pm   Permalink

Hey!

I live in the Dallas area and am planning on attending Satuday evening. Cinco De Mayo is my son's birthday, so I may bring him along.

Sean (blixathecat)

View Profile of blixathecat Send a personal message to blixathecat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 5:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-02 15:59, blixathecat wrote:
Hey!

I live in the Dallas area and am planning on attending Satuday evening. Cinco De Mayo is my son's birthday, so I may bring him along.

Sean (blixathecat)

Great...see you then!

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 5:22 pm   Permalink

BTW, I sent PM's a few days ago to everyone who plans on attending with some extra info that I'm not going to post here (like my phone #). If you haven't read it yet please check your PM's.

PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 11:14 pm   Permalink

Only a little over a day to go! Can't wait to suck down that first Mai Tai with 'ya all!

Man...I'm gonna need it after what just happened to my Trader Vic's in Beverly Hills.

Gettin' ready and packing the aspirin!

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-04 08:04 am   Permalink

Just wanted to say my Wahine and I are about to leave the house in an hour a so. I hope everyone who is traveling any distance has a safe trip and hope to see all who have RSVP'ed can make it out. I'm going to try to pick up some name tags for all of us, but someone might want to do that also incase I don't get a chance.

I got off the phone with my family and they just got their electricity back on from the storms a few days ago. I don't know how stable that connection will be, but I'll try to get online and check in tonight or tomarrow (got to clean the car up).

But anyways, after 2 years in the making it looks like everything is coming to those who wait. Thanks to Kenike for handling all the reservations and communicating with TV and TC. I have a few extra gifts for you that I think will go great in your collection of Dallas tiki restraunts.

One last thing. For those who are coming up I-45 for the first in a long time, there is construction going on, so becareful and watch out for the local idiots who weave in and out of construction zones. Unless it's moved South, it was North of Waxahachie and stopped at the Dallas county line.

See yall soon.

Texas Tikiphiles Unite!

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John 2007-05-04 08:10 ]

Rumbuddy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-04 12:43 pm   Permalink

Our San Antonio guests have arrived and said that there was not a construction bog down at Hillsboro like there usually is, so that is good. I can hardly wait for tomorrow, whoohoo!

View Profile of Rumbuddy Send a personal message to Rumbuddy  Email Rumbuddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dobrolic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-04 3:28 pm   Permalink

Aloha Everybody,

Howdy from Dobrolic. My wife Susan, our daughter Castle and I (Ted) are looking forward to the gathering at Trader Vic's tomorrow in Dallas. We'll be driving up Saturday morning from Austin and staying overnight at the Hotel Palomar.

Bottoms Up!!! hiccup

Ted Smouse (aka Dobrolic)

View Profile of Dobrolic Send a personal message to Dobrolic  Email Dobrolic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-04 3:57 pm   Permalink

BIG mahaloz to everyone for making this event happen. Hopefully this will be the first of many.

See everyone tomorrow night!

~K

gretanicole
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-04 6:28 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone! =D

I've been absent from the boards for so long. I quit posting my art work for awhile and kinda disappeared. I really miss this place.

I'm going to try and make it for drinks tomorrow. I haven't even made it to Trader Vic's since the opening! Isn't that just awful?!

I was always hoping to get a friend to go with me to check out Trader Vic's, and now I'll get to go check it out with about 25 new friends! =D

I'm acutally alergic to rum (did I hear screams of horror?!? I believe I did), so I hope Mai Tai's taste okay with whisky.

View Profile of gretanicole Send a personal message to gretanicole      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-04 6:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-04 18:28, gretanicole wrote:
Hi everyone! =D

I've been absent from the boards for so long. I quit posting my art work for awhile and kinda disappeared. I really miss this place.

I'm going to try and make it for drinks tomorrow. I haven't even made it to Trader Vic's since the opening! Isn't that just awful?!

I was always hoping to get a friend to go with me to check out Trader Vic's, and now I'll get to go check it out with about 25 new friends! =D

I'm acutally alergic to rum (did I hear screams of horror?!? I believe I did), so I hope Mai Tai's taste okay with whisky.

Glad to hear you'll try to stop by tomorrow night!

Try a vodka mai tai...not too sure how whiskey would taste in a mai tai.

Feel free to stay for dinner...we can make room!

gretanicole
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-04 7:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks Kenike =D

I totally agree that vodka would taste better.....however...LOL...I kinda got sick on vodka (and Everclear, yikes) too many times back in my younger days and now can't stand even the smell of either. ;D C'est la vie. =D

View Profile of gretanicole Send a personal message to gretanicole      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation