FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Texas tikiphile gathering at Dallas Trader Vic's May 5th, 2007
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Texas tikiphile gathering at Dallas Trader Vic's May 5th, 2007
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-09 9:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the pictures...looks like you all had a great time. Fabulous shirts guys!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 9:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2007-05-09 20:55, Rumbuddy wrote:
Tiki Puka Puka I STILL Love You!

RUMBUDDY!!!!

I mean, RUMnotyourBUDDY!!!!
Sorry you had to leave early; I so enjoyed getting to meet you, and I look forward to another tiki evening with you again.

And we won't share a tiki puka puka. We'll have a Coke. Maybe a ginger ale.

It was a fun evening, made better by getting to hang with you for a bit.
'Til next time!
Formikahini

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rumbuddy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-10 10:54 am   Permalink

Oh MAN that was so not fair, that NEVER happens - I was having a great time meeting everyone! Kenike, so glad you pulled that together. I'll post pics in about a week. Unkle John, I will have to get with you next time, I didn't get to talk to you. Benehune, I hope we can get together the next time we are in San Antonio, isn't that funny that you went to high school with Shawna?

I have been doing so well on Weight Watchers and didn't want to blow it so I drank a lot of water but barely ate all that day. We got there at 6 in time for one round in the bar for seating by 7. We had our Scorpion Bowl for four, and then my Tiki Puka Puka (which I also shared), and then we still weren't seated so I ordered the next Tiki Puka Puka and didn't even drink much of it. It didn't seem like I drank too much but with waiting too long to eat, WOW my fun was cut short. I truly felt bad that several ladies were spending any time coming to my assistance and not fully enjoying their own experience!

Formikahini you are a delight! Thanks!

View Profile of Rumbuddy Send a personal message to Rumbuddy  Email Rumbuddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-10 1:24 pm   Permalink

Mahalo! It's all goooood.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-10 6:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-10 10:54, Rumbuddy wrote:
Unkle John, I will have to get with you next time, I didn't get to talk to you.

We met a few times that night
But all is cool in my book sweetheart, by 9 o'clock I was starting to fall sleep. It's how my body has gotten accustomed to working again, not because it was boring, which it was not! I felt like I was a zombie after nine. But yes, we will meet up again and catch up. Julie wanted to talk more too.. infact Saturday night really got her hooked with the tiki-bug. We should try to have a home bar tour. I know that there is enough people in DFW that we can do it. If anyone ever heads towards Lubbock give me a shout, you are welcome to stop by mi casa.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 12:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-10 10:54, Rumbuddy wrote:
We had our Scorpion Bowl for four, and then my Tiki Puka Puka (which I also shared), and then we still weren't seated so I ordered the next Tiki Puka Puka and didn't even drink much of it. It didn't seem like I drank too much...

Wow, sorry Rumbuddy, I didn't realize. I guess that all slipped under my radar. Even so, I came away from the evening with the same understanding:
"Beware the Tiki Puka Puka!"
We came into the bar late, and Monica commented to me about those gardenias in your drinks, but ordered a Peachtree Punch, then a Potted Parrot. Later, I recall your husband standing behind you in the bar, wearing a tight smile of grim resignation, as you were putting your hands on on your face, and shouting, "My face feels weird. I can't feel my teeth!" All you ladies erupted in laughter, and, in response to that endorsement, Monica ordered a Tiki Puka Puka. She finished most of it, went to the restroom, and before she got back, they took us to our tables and bussed her drink. She complained that she hadn't finished it, and they gave her a fresh one. Then she ordered another. And another.
Now, Monica can drink me under the table (think Karen Allen, in Raiders). But she was definitely showing signs beyond what I'd expect after only 4 or 5 drinks. I heard her utter some funny non-sequiturs in the table conversations - she didn't seem to notice that about 20 minutes had passed since they were last discussing what she was commenting about.
Well, after seeing you gals getting so hammered on those Pukas, I looked it up. There's the equivalent of 4 ounces of rum in it, about like 3 typical bar drinks, these days. That's like 2 Mai Tais. Despite the gardenia, it's a pretty aggressive drink. Trying to collect a bouquet is asking for trouble.
So, in your defense, the T.P.P.'s definitely the kind of drink that tends to blind-side you, anyway. On an empty stomach,... you never had a chance.

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2007-08-22 16:00 ]

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-16 08:57 am   Permalink

double post, my bad.

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John 2007-05-16 08:58 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-16 08:58 am   Permalink

Rumbuddy, no matter what is said about that night, remember that we love you.

You are ohana here on TC and here in TX.

Rumbuddy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-17 07:52 am   Permalink

More Pictures! They are a little bit redundant of what has already been posted, but the more the merrier

Thanks Dobrolic, I believe you took these for us.

Ahhhhhh the Scorpion Bowl

Tikiphiles at work

The "Kodak Moment" - She says, "I went to high school with you. I know your sisters, and I know your mother!" He says, "I don't remember...Were we bad?" She says, "Oh yes. Very bad!"

At Trader Vic's, even the water is more fun.

While you drink rum, you have more teeth but you feel them less

Watch out for sneaky puka sippers

Worshipping Tiki

Everybody loves Tiki Puka Puka!

View Profile of Rumbuddy Send a personal message to Rumbuddy  Email Rumbuddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benehune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-18 3:04 pm   Permalink

Rumbuddy, we had a blast meeting you and can't wait until our next visit to Dallas so we can see you guys again. Meeting more TC people was great. My wife now knows why I enjoy tiki so much: it is a whole culture.
More pix to come, and maybe a story if I can remember one.

View Profile of Benehune Send a personal message to Benehune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation