FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Notch's Tiki Carvings....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Notch's Tiki Carvings....
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-13 2:43 pm   Permalink

another chainsaw carving out of redwood that I finished for a custumer.
its 5'5 feet

[ This Message was edited by: NOTCH 2009-02-14 18:15 ]

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-13 4:02 pm   Permalink

Right on braddah Notch. Can we get more light on the image?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-13 5:37 pm   Permalink

Kool!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-13 5:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-13 16:02, Jungle Trader wrote:
Right on braddah Notch. Can we get more light on the image?

Hey JT,
I will try to post more picture's tomorrow before I ship it

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-13 9:22 pm   Permalink

Great carve you have that chain saw well under control.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-14 09:14 am   Permalink

wow! i am so looking forward to seeing that moai completed. the grain is outstanding. great work notch.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-15 2:34 pm   Permalink

Thanks Yall,
I'm waitin on the rays of sunshine to cast at my shop so I can take sum better photos of the new Tiki
and to finish the Moai carving that sittin in me backyard....

come-on sunshine!

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-15 2:52 pm   Permalink

Hey Notch, if you stand the tiki against a darker background than the previous image your tiki might be more visible. The cam "sees" the lighter background and automatically adjusts for it, thus the subject is less visible. Also you could manually adjust your aperture to allow more light in AND use flash. That might work. As for the rain, you could be waiting a long time. I'm getting a little stir-crazy with all this rain, but we need it.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-16 1:10 pm   Permalink

Great!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-20 12:35 pm   Permalink

Notch, yer a chainsaw maniac. Nice work! Hook me up with a log so I can start murdering some wood.

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-21 12:14 am   Permalink

Hey now!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-26 12:09 am   Permalink

Man I had no idea you carved, beautiful work, i was wondering why it has been so long since you had put out a new mug

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeetleKill

Posted: 2009-03-02 6:05 pm   Permalink

Hey Notch, Looks like you ain't no rookie! B.E.A.utiful! I think I added you to my Myspace not too long ago. The wife & I are going to Viva Las Vegas this year, without a car though. We're flyin' in. That's your Tiki bar, right? Will you be out there? I just signed up here. Let me know! Maybe we'll se ya! Late...Trev

View Profile of BeetleKill Send a personal message to BeetleKill  Email BeetleKill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aweulekuula
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-03 06:02 am   Permalink

What I love is that you managed to get the old full-body style of the Hawaiian tikis done. Many chainsaw carvers don't, but you not only manage it, you EXCELL in it. Awesome work!

Aloha!

Marcus

View Profile of Aweulekuula Send a personal message to Aweulekuula      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 07:03 am   Permalink

Big thanks ya guys
I will be at las Vegas with kubar and bringin mugs for sale with some Tiki T shirts but,
No new mugs yet but I do have some that are coming out soon... I've been at my underground layer working on cars, trying to build the foundation for a bitchin Hot Rod Shop.. Lots of hours I tell ya!
I will post a new thread on the new mug soon
=Notch=

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation