FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Mooney's velvet finished- paintings by pat vassar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Mooney's velvet finished- paintings by pat vassar
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-19 02:34 am   Permalink

damn, Sam G!!! -thought i was off easy! man, your stuff up close and personal at the hukilau art show was UTMOST!!! seeing it in person was totally amazing!!!! made me REALLY appreciate the fine skills you have in your arsonal!! thanks so much for you cool words!!!! dig it!!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-19 05:57 am   Permalink

Pat's work in person was awesome too. His velvets looked too well-developed to be early work, the airbrushed stuff was very slick, the Green Tiki Poster had brushwork that seriously reminded me of the Old Masters paintings I like to stare at at museums. He also had excellent and unique frames a buddy of his did.

Pat, you should redo the fuzzy shot of the chasing natives on the page before this one so people can appreciate your brushwork, especially for such a tiny area (3x4 inches?).

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-19 08:30 am   Permalink

Pat-you are a swaggering genius...
it blows me away how you can crossover from medium to medium...
Glad we got to finally meet-the East Coast Artist/Carvers are pretty awesome!
Bummed that i missed you on Sunday
PM me about our trade!
NOW!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-19 09:26 am   Permalink

duuuuuuuude,

hey pat, this is my first time eyeballing your art. i am in love with your art...i want to marry it!

look forward to getting a better gander at Oasis numero ocho.

alohas, bT

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-20 8:00 pm   Permalink

you guys are too cool!!

Robb H-your kind words are an inspiration by themselves; coming from an artist who's work is so inspiring, i'm overwhelmed! i had a great time hangin with you, wish we were closer to do it often.
LLT-aaahhh-hah!!Ken, it was a blast meeting/hangin out with you. your words are too kind! mahalo way nui!! yea, there's a lot of kick-ass artists over here,(considering that's all i know)-i'll get out there eventually. trade? ok!!
Big toe- right on, bt! i'll walk it down the isle for you-what's that traditional payment from groom to father called?!! sadly i will not be at Oasis again this year; shooting for next one, though. aloha and mahalo!!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 05:09 am   Permalink

Bump

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 06:48 am   Permalink

Pat,

Your fine detail on "Night of the Green Tiki" is absolutely amazing! It really was wonderful to see this painting up close and personal. And the movement you capture in your velvets is tremendous - I really was mesmerized by the S curve of the wahine.

Now, you just need to contact the "Lost Skeleton of Cadavra" director and make "Green Tiki" into a movie!!

- Lorie Hamel

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-17 2:40 pm   Permalink

Hey Pat, I was wondering what work you've sent to show in Tiki Freakout?

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-17 2:43 pm   Permalink

Yeah!
What Robb said!
Give up the goods!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tabu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-17 4:55 pm   Permalink

The Green Tiki is slick. The Happy Cannibals is a whole other vibe and great as well. I love the Green Tiki.

View Profile of Tabu Send a personal message to Tabu  Email Tabu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-18 05:59 am   Permalink

Cool looking paintings here. Great work.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 10:36 am   Permalink

Aloha Pat!!! I'm back in town, but what you got cookin with art and do you need any help on the shop? let me know, lookin forward to seeing moer of your SWEET art, Aloha your friend, Mooney, ps tell JD I said Hi!

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dirk Yates
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 11:52 am   Permalink

Wow Pat, love the vintage horror-esque movie poster look. You do have a great sense of style ... love your work.
http://www.yatesstudios.com

View Profile of Dirk Yates Send a personal message to Dirk Yates  Email Dirk Yates Goto the website of Dirk Yates     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 7:32 pm   Permalink

Hey Pat, are you working on anything? We'd love to see some pics!

greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 11:06 am   Permalink

well hello good ohana!

i've been too busy for too long- working on my tattoo/art studio ELECTRIC TIKI. tough timing and low budgets have made for a long winter and spring, but things are coming around. i'll create a thread for the shop so anyone interested can check it out- the website's hardly up, but keep an eye on it for updates.
www.electrictiki.net it's also at www.myspace.com/electrictikiart which also is in need of updates.

well, i haven't done much in the way of tiki art over the past year- these four paintings i did at the end of the winter. i have 2 more sketched and need to start painting them now if they're ro be ready for hukilau- if i can still get a space/booth. i'v put everything off for too long and am waiting to see what the situation is for that. just sent BK an email yesterday, if he's still running the vendor show. i'm such a procrastinator- very busy yes, but still about 10% lazy. or is it wiped out? maybe i should go with that.

well, here's some pics to start things off- see if i can't get back on this beast and ride a bit before falling off again.

these four are each 5x7 acrylic inks and paints.

those are in cronological order, the first with my intentions of producing some one-day pieces. each progressed in technique and time. oh well. so much for quickies. here's the few pre-shots i took.

here's the two new ones-need to get them started quick! it's the hardest part for me. just a matter of cleaning off the drawing table here at work and setting up -then just throw some paint down; the rest just falls into place. i'm so lazy.

mahalo all for looking! now for the carving thread.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation