FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Mooney's velvet finished- paintings by pat vassar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Mooney's velvet finished- paintings by pat vassar
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-20 12:21 am   Permalink

kctiki- thank you! don't know why i missed yours either, think i need to bleach my hair again. helps me remember i'm a couple bamboo poles short of a tiki temple sometimes. thanks for the props.

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-08 07:29 am   Permalink

aloha all who enter! this one is getting close, a bit more lighting/shadow work and a lot of detail finishing. should be done in a week or so. should even have it's frame done in time for hukilau! well, hope you all enjoy.

still not shure of a title! i kind of suck at choosing titles for my work, so if anyone has some ideas, they'd be more than welcome!
the canvas is 2'x4' -and if the images look familiar but you haven't placed them, try pgs 72/73 of The Book of Tiki. like i said earlier, the painting's a tribute to Don The Beachcomber, the one who started it all! hope you like!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-08 8:27 pm   Permalink

Looking goog

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 08:28 am   Permalink

Wow GTP!
That is really turning out TIGHT! I quite like the puffer fish and the wood's sanded and polished texture is perfecto! At 2x4',This one should "wow" 'em at Hukilau! WayTaGo!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 12:25 pm   Permalink

popped open my BOT and had a good laugh! Awesome reference and you totally turned it into your own! Looks fantastic! All the details are intense!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 4:28 pm   Permalink

hey Hewey,-thanks a lot. LLT-thanks very much, i'm hoping it stalls a few people for some close looks. Suburban P- right-on! thanks much, i worked on it quite a bit last night, mostly the detail. mahalo guys!

FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 6:34 pm   Permalink

Yo, dude...Everytime I look at this piece I see More and More great details...Cant wait to see the finished product. Sorry I missed the call last night.. I'll Holla! Hopefully your workin this somemore tonight.. It gets better w/ every pic.

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-10 7:33 pm   Permalink

freddie man, thanks a lot.at least a little bit every night this week. feels good.
so here's something i've been working on at the shop in my spare time also over this week. another to follow. goodies for hukilau!!

thanks for looking!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-12 08:59 am   Permalink

Greenie, you are really doing some nice stuff, Love the Bamboo's and your 3 cannibals are utterly fantastic. They would be a great advertisement for the local cannibal snack shop: "Greenies Tikis are the BEST, yumm".

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-14 07:00 am   Permalink

ha! thanks, Benz! i can picture the rows of salted ears and candied fingers on a stick.sounds like a great painting!

greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 8:45 pm   Permalink

well good folks, here's another painted bamboo for the huk. sorry 'bout the glares! forgot to shoot it first!

mahalo!

Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 11:13 pm   Permalink

How the hell did I miss this thread?!?
I'm grooving on it, the raunchy stuff especially - but the latest two are insane! I've always loved the cannibal motif, and I really dig the way you've got the little mementos placed between 'em. The new bamboo is incredible too....the shading gives it real depth and dimension.

myspace

[ This Message was edited by: Paipo 2007-05-23 00:04 ]

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 11:16 pm   Permalink

Those are really cool greentikipat!
great job! the back is just as cool as the front!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 11:38 pm   Permalink

Those bamboo pieces are awesome! Nice!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 9:09 pm   Permalink

That bamboo is great. I have a few lengths sitting around awaiting some paint, but still working out what I am doing with it.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation