FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Mooney's velvet finished- paintings by pat vassar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Mooney's velvet finished- paintings by pat vassar
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-17 11:25 pm   Permalink

Hey Pat! It's great seeing the progress pictures of 'So who was Joe?' after I saw the finished product at Hukilau. It really is incredible, as is all your work! It was great meeting you at Hukilau! Thanks again.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-20 6:02 pm   Permalink

hey there meiko! thanks a lot! it was great meating you, too. love your pieces i got. idon't know if i even have pics of the finished painting to post. i'll make sure tommorrow. talk with you soon i hope!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-30 09:47 am   Permalink

wow! just realized i hadn't posted "so who was joe?" finished yet. i think i have it her somewhere.

i'm going to post some more older ones soon here. enjoy!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 4:53 pm   Permalink

aloha all! here's one i finished yesterday. did it at work in my spare time. took longer than you might think, being it's only 2x2.75". yes, inches. much fun, though. i think it's called 'nude wahine #15'.

hope you like! Mahalo!!

tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-17 02:02 am   Permalink

I like how you wrapped it around on the side of the canvas and nice detail in such a little space. Very cool! You really can do it all!

Craig

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-17 10:38 am   Permalink

wow...
greentikipat-you are a multi-talented tiki Renaissance man!
The "Joe" piece turned out GREAT! Besides the characters and the landscape,there's so many other interesting detailsin the shadows/waters/clouds.....Incredible!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ivanchan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-17 11:27 am   Permalink

Grr, I don't know what's going on with my connection--at first I couldn't log onto Tiki Central, and now that I can, it won't show images consistently (I saw Sam Gambino's new work, but no sigs or my own artwork in my thread are showing up).

Anyway, I'll drop back in to check out your work, maybe things will be working again at that time. I'm looking forward to it!

Take care,

I.

Ivan Chan Studio: Invite Beauty
http://ivanchan.com

View Profile of ivanchan Send a personal message to ivanchan  Goto the website of ivanchan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 07:15 am   Permalink

craig, thanks again, man. you help keep the mana building!
LLT- thanks much, Kenny; what a comp, that's awesome! live for the detail.
ivanchan- hope you can straighten out your problems. i've got someone coming over tomorrow night to de-bug my system and straighten me out. lots of cool stuff on your site.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 07:33 am   Permalink

Ear lobes like the Easter Is. Klans. Sweet

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-08 9:45 pm   Permalink

well aloha all!!
here's some pics of my new painting. i'm only doing it at work in spare time so far, but will take it home to cheat and use the airbrush soon! maybe not- i'm actually trying to get through this whole thing with out the air brush, but still not shure. we'll see.
this piece is actually not new, i 've been dabbing at it off and on for a long time now. these pics are actually a bit old, i'll get new ones up this week.
MAHALO for looking!!
the browse button for the image upload is not doing anything, and i am too tired to mess with it. i will post them tomorrow.

greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-22 12:45 pm   Permalink

so now my 'image upload' is working again, and i don't know why. i'm not gonna complain!
this newer piece is pretty much self-titled. it's been very slow-going, sometimes weeks without anything done. i'm still debating on whether to use the airbrush at some point, but will try not to. we shall see. if i can't get a desired effect by hand-brushing, then on goes the compressor.

it's further along than these pics, and since things are working properly again, i'll post them very soon. mahalo for looking!

mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-30 9:25 pm   Permalink

Welcome Back Pat! Thanks for posting your new stuff! I've been hoping to see some updates from you, are you going to make it to Hukilau again?

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-31 07:53 am   Permalink

WOW Pat, I'm Really drooling over this one. Looking forward to seeing you at the Chop soon,

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-01 08:41 am   Permalink

RAD!
that Green Tiki is TOO COOL!
Lovin those flames in the mouth!
and those little Tikis are waaaaaaaaay scary/funny!
Great work so far!
Can't wait to see it finished!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-03 10:38 am   Permalink

aloha guys!
hey Mieko- thanks, it's been a while.-i will be at the huk. see you there?
Benz man, thanks a lot. looking much foreward to the chop.
LLT-mahalo man!! i'm about to get back on it now-got some free time here at work; of course, as soon as i start, we know what will happen. oh well, gotta make that $$.
mahalos all- more pics very soon.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation