FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving HB_Tiki - Colin's (aka Chet) carvings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
HB_Tiki - Colin's (aka Chet) carvings
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-06 9:32 pm   Permalink

Dude, your stuff is looking good. One problem though...I hate to sound like the safety dork (which is what I am professionaly) but leave the guard on your grinder. Please read through the safety thread started by Loki. I know that safety stuff is not cool and is is easier to work without it but all it takes is one incident and you're screwed. I've been a member here for like 2 years now and in that time have seen some nasty injuries that could have been easily prevented.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-08 6:20 pm   Permalink

Thank you for the concern Surf. I'll read through that thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'm finished with the carving part of this one. I need to wait to burn it as the log is still a little damp.

I took this shot to show the difference in color with a thin single coat of Spar Varnish.

View Profile of HB_Tiki Send a personal message to HB_Tiki  Email HB_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-09 11:23 am   Permalink

Nice work Colin!! Missed you at the Chop this month, I'm glad to see you ventured out on your own! I really love this last guy of yours, especially how you left the hair on, and how well proportioned he looks.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-09 7:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks meiko. I was bummed about missing the chop too. There was soo much planned and from viewing the results of that thread, I see I missed out on some good stuff. (especially the spam musubi )

Hopefully I can make next months.

View Profile of HB_Tiki Send a personal message to HB_Tiki  Email HB_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-15 5:57 pm   Permalink

So I was going to burn and varnish this thing today, but Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, Fountain Valley and Santa Ana must not import Spar Varnish... Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware and a couple mom & pop hardware stores, didn't have any at all.

So I just ended up burning it and the varnish will have to wait. Here are a couple pics.

HB_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-26 12:38 am   Permalink

Here is a pic of the last one when I dropped it off with it's new owner. We met at Pismo Beach to go 4 wheelin'.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-26 1:44 pm   Permalink

Lookin Good HB, Don't stop now!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-09 3:14 pm   Permalink

I've done two since I last updated this.

This first one was a wedding present and now resides in Chico, CA

This one I started yesterday at the SoCal Chop Chop and finished today.

Thanks for looking.

Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 9:21 pm   Permalink

Nice one, Colin! I see a definite style developing, especially with your last two carvings. Like 'em!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 2:00 pm   Permalink

More excellent tikis HB, Keep posting and sharing. Post more progress shots too if you can find the time, I know it's hard. You've come a long way in a short time and we want to see how you do it. Thanks.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 5:38 pm   Permalink

Nice stuff! I'm curious though, what's the "chop shop" all about? A place to go and carve? Cost? Open all the time? Whatzzzzzup??!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 5:53 pm   Permalink

I love this Tiki........

Great inspiration........he looks deep in thought.

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 6:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-10 17:38, surfintiki wrote:
Nice stuff! I'm curious though, what's the "chop shop" all about? A place to go and carve? Cost? Open all the time? Whatzzzzzup??!

surfin, that's "chop chop", as in San Diego Chop Chops. We all meet once a month to carve, talk, eat, and drink. No cost, open to all, so fly on out! Look for threads in the California Events forum.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 6:42 pm   Permalink

That's sweet! I am pondering moving west, Oceanside to be specific! But I've been yapping about that for a while...maybe this spring.
Chop Chop would be perrrrfect.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-27 2:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys. I've got one more piece about the same size as the last one, but after that I'm stuck with no logs for the moment. I need to find somewhere by me that I can get some from. I've been lucky so far with the help of 4WDtiki and Buzzy for the logs I've carved so far.

Benzart, I agree about "during" pics, but once I get in the zone it's hard to stop to take a pic. I get distracted way too easily.

I'll try to get some on the next one.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation