FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New York / New Jersey Ohana Unite!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
New York / New Jersey Ohana Unite!
tastysp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 11:39 am   Permalink

Nope just the same "un-hip" crowd that always comes.
Hipsters are just people who have never found something they truly like

View Profile of tastysp Send a personal message to tastysp  Email tastysp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 04:01 am   Permalink

Birdgirl and I were there at Otto's on Saturday. Steve is right - the place was rockin' with some kick-ass rockabilly and surf guitar. My ears were ringing when we left. We caught up with Kiki & Dave and Steve & Lenore and had us a couple of cold suffering bastards on a warm night. Good times. Don't know where the hipsters were...and don't care. Starting to get psyched for Hukilau and NE Tiki Tour. Should be a great summer.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-05 6:02 pm   Permalink

So are the NYC Ohana going to represent in Allentown? If you guys take the bus we'll come pick you up!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga-in-Chiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-05 6:24 pm   Permalink

Hey! Thanks for the reminder. I think some of us may want join you on your big day, but do you know which bus runs down there from the city? I did a search and it looks like gotobus.com used to show a stop there, but not anymore.

Tonga

View Profile of Tonga-in-Chiki Send a personal message to Tonga-in-Chiki  Email Tonga-in-Chiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-07 3:53 pm   Permalink

Tonga that would be super! It will be great to meet you all.

You can get buses to Allentown at Port Authority. Both Bieber and Trans-Bridge make the run several times a day and it's only about $30-$40 bucks round-trip. They both have websites with schedules, etc. For Trans-Bridge the stop is downtown Allentown bus terminal and for Bieber it is their stop at the CharBroiler on Hamilton Blvd. just off I-78 near Dorney Park (this actually the one closest to my house. If you let me know when you're arriving I can make a run to pick you up at the bus depot. If people need to crash there are couches and one unfurnished spare room still available, just let me know as they go fast.

Aloha!

p.s. I bought the Hawaii 5-0 season 1 box set on DVD so we can have a "book'em Danno!" marathon.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-07 3:56 pm   Permalink

Funny, I found the best way to deal with NY, and the east coast's complete intolerance for tiki is to move...Calafornee...it worked for me anyway.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-07 3:59 pm   Permalink

Here is the link for Trans-Bridge:

http://www.transbridgebus.com/

The stop for Beiber is actually listed as Wescosville not Allentown and it is called the Charcol:

http://www.biebertours.com/

Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-07 6:14 pm   Permalink

<quote>
I bought the Hawaii 5-0 season 1 box set on DVD so we can have a "book'em Danno!" marathon.
</quote>

Ooo say no more! We two NJ ohana would love to join you on your big day.

Martiki-bird (Gina)

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-08 09:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-07 15:56, tikiyaki wrote:
Funny, I found the best way to deal with NY, and the east coast's complete intolerance for tiki is to move...Calafornee...it worked for me anyway.

As a California girl trapped in New York all I can say is I'll see you soon!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-08 12:17 pm   Permalink

I am sure Woohoo and soccertiki will call in from Cali to add to the mix.

"Tiki is as tiki does.....that's what Momma always says."

KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-18 8:47 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2007-05-15 05:43, Bargoyle wrote:
Hello NY/NJ tikiphiles. I dont mean to crash your thread here, but I was hoping to see a lot of you on our Tiki Tour this August. We've got some Tri-State ohana signed up but the more the merrier!

I hear you're totally sold out! Is that true?
I wonder if it would be possible to follow by car with a designated driver?

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-18 8:51 pm   Permalink

Having lived in California, and now back in NYC, I say Tiki Spirit is wherever you are!
If you were at the Hukilau this last weekend, you would have seen a total embrace of East Coast Tiki!
Lotsa great tikiphiles here on the East Coast!

Quote:

On 2007-06-07 15:56, tikiyaki wrote:

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 03:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-18 20:51, KikiTiki wrote:

Having lived in California, and now back in NYC, I say Tiki Spirit is wherever you are!
If you were at the Hukilau this last weekend, you would have seen a total embrace of East Coast Tiki!
Lotsa great tikiphiles here on the East Coast

Although we haven't been able to make it to Hukilau yet, we have met some great tikiphiles in the East. Lord knows we have to try a lot harder, at least in my area!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-21 09:37 am   Permalink

I hope to see as many of you as possible this Saturday at my Birthday Luau in Allentown.

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 12:20 pm   Permalink

Hey Matt,

I was hoping to get to your party this weekend (I've got a client in Allentown and was gonna write it off as a business expense) but unfortunately our dog got diagnosed with Nephritis today, so I dont think we're going anywhere. Sorry man. Have a great birthday, and I'll buy you a drink on the Tour come August.

And yes, the Tiki Tour IS sold out, and unfortunately, due to issues of liability, we can't have anyone shadowing the bus (sorry).

However, the demand for an event here in the Northeast has really been an eye-opener for me. I'm thinking that we do the poly-pub crawl maybe 2x a year, and have some big Oasis/HukeLau style event 1x a year.

For those who didnt get on this Tour, I urge you to sign up on the waiting list. Anyone who is on the waiting list will get priority seating on the next one.

See ya in August.

www.northeasttikitour.com

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation