FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New York / New Jersey Ohana Unite!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
New York / New Jersey Ohana Unite!
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 8:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-21 12:20, Bargoyle wrote:

However, the demand for an event here in the Northeast has really been an eye-opener for me. I'm thinking that we do the poly-pub crawl maybe 2x a year, and have some big Oasis/HukeLau style event 1x a year.

http://www.northeasttikitour.com

There are some cool old tiki motels in Wildwood, NJ and a vintage tiki minature golf course. I would love to see some more East Coast tiki events!!!!! See the new version of Tiki Road Trip 2 for Wildwood coverage.
We went there off season last spring and all the googie 50's and 60's motels blew our minds!
Unfortunately the area is not near a major aiport.

But defiinitely interested in more East Coast stuff, and willing to help with planning/promotion.

myspace.com/nykikilola

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-23 11:43 am   Permalink

Wildwood Tiki Event/THUMBS UP!!!

Wildwood with its DooWop Motels would be perfect for a Tiki
happening East Coast Style! Newark NJ or Philly would be near
by airports.

Thortiki

PS Wildwood over the past several years has started to go upscale.
Many of the old vintage motels have been leveled, BUT enough remain
to give that retro surf feel!

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-23 12:59 pm   Permalink

Used to do the Jersey shore all the time. We used ot rent a house in Sea Isle for a few weeks every summer.

Was just there 2 years ago. Did the do-wop museum, etc. Not a heck of a lot of tiki out there, but I do love Wildwood!

Also thinking about Lake George and the Tiki Motel. They still have a polynesian show but alot of the decor has been torn down.

Part of the reason why I decided on "Northeast" rather than "New England" Tiki Tour was so that we can incorporate a lot of the places in NY & NJ into future events.

As far as August, Im looking into the possiblity of a second bus. Its gonna be tough as all of our swag & arrangements with the bars are for a group of 48. I dont want second bussers to be second class citizens, so I'm trying to figure some stuff out. Its a long shot, but its not out of the realm of possibilties.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-03 6:17 pm   Permalink

Speaking of New Jersey...

Are you brave enough to travel to the perilous land generally known as "New Jersey"?

If so, come experience the pleasures of Polynesian pupu and tasty tropical libations in our urban-suburban backyard 'paradise' (hey, we're lucky to have one)...

Saturday 21 July, 2:30. Be there. (PM for directions and more details.)

Martiki-bird (Gina & Damian)

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-25 10:39 am   Permalink

Gina,

Are you going to post any pics from last Saturday's Luau? Mahalo again for a tiki-rific time.

Matt

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-27 08:24 am   Permalink

Attention mid-Atlantic TCer's:

I am having an end of summer Aloha luau on Saturday, 1 September in Allentown.

Start time is 3pm. We will again have a full roast pig:

I hope you can join me and the other ohana as we bid Aloha to summer:

PM me for directions or to sort out transportation. Also the spare rooms in the house are on a first come first serve basis.

Matt

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 1:08 pm   Permalink

A quick heads up to my NY/NJ/PA/DE ohana....

There are a few seats freed up on the Nnortheast Tiki Tour. I'm working my way down the waiting list to offer them to the people who signed up.

Please watch your email for the seat offer. I can only wait a day or so to hear from you before I have to move on & offer the seats to the next person.

Hope to see ya on the tour!!

www.northeasttikitour.com

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 10:15 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation