[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Vegas Vic's Podcast Intro
Vegas Vic's Podcast Intro
bob5150
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-18 6:16 pm   Permalink

Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone knew the Artist or Song title of the music that plays at the start of Vegas Vic's podcast. I really enjoy it...and the podcast of course....and I can't quite place it. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Bob

View Profile of bob5150 Send a personal message to bob5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-19 09:15 am   Permalink

Do You mean, the little magical Vibes Glissendo when he says "Vegas Vics.....Tiki Lounge" ?

That's the intro to "Beyond the reef" by Arthur Lyman, from "Bahia"

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bob5150
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-19 3:26 pm   Permalink

Not this one. I've heard him play the Lyman song you mentioned but this one's different. After the introduction...("Sunday,March 11....Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge...Podcast #") a song plays at the start of each podcast. Not as much Exotica as it is Lounge. I still can't quite place it. Any ideas.

Cheers,

Bob

View Profile of bob5150 Send a personal message to bob5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 05:15 am   Permalink

Just ask Vic!

vic@vegasvics.com

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 09:34 am   Permalink

Florida Player - Laurie Johnson (British Composer). He plays it in podcast #43 about 16 minutes in.

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bob5150
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-20 5:58 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the help everyone. I checked with Vic and he verified that it was indeed a Laurie Johnson song called "Florida Player". He also mentioned that a Production/Library Songs Podcast was coming in the future. Something to look forward to.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Bob

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation