[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts GMAN, Helz, and pop
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
GMAN, Helz, and pop
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-24 9:52 pm   Permalink

Eight of G's Biter just went into the kiln for the glaze fire. With a little luck maybe we'll have some pic's tomorrow. So now the wait begins.

pop

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-24 10:14 pm   Permalink

Paipo,

I almost forgot to answer your question about the size. The original piece is about 3 1/2" X 1 3/4". After the glaze fire they end up about 3 1/8" X 1 3/8". The total shrinkage is about 12% with the stoneware slip I'm using. If your doing this you know you loose some during both the bisque fire and the glaze fire.

Hope to have some pics tomorrow.

Later,
pop

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 12:02 pm   Permalink

OK GMAN and Helz,

I just pulled these out. This is a random sample.

I like this, it's a silver metallic with some gold flecks in it. DON'T LICK THIS ONE.

Hope this works for you.

This matte black isn't bad.

Another try at the green.

I still like this.

I like this matte brown, maybe it the speckles.

Bed time. Been like an old hen all night and now it caught up with me.
pop

[ This Message was edited by: poptiki 2007-03-25 12:08 ]

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 2:25 pm   Permalink

Silver, red (with the white swirls) and the Matte Brown are my favorite. Nice choices.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-26 03:55 am   Permalink

Way Cool! Can't wait to get my Matte Black one.
Super job guyz!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-26 06:04 am   Permalink

Those came out EXCELLENT! most impressive--good job!!!!!

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 5:25 pm   Permalink

Hey all,

The brown glazed "Biter" pendants are now available over in the Marketplace.

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 2:42 pm   Permalink

Now that we've kinda hit the end of the run on these...we finally had a chance to do a few for keepers...

FULL SIZE

Thanks for looking!

[ This Message was edited by: helztiki 2007-05-07 14:49 ]

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-07 2:49 pm   Permalink

Whaaa!

That metallic is spectacular! I also love the matte/satin brown and speckled silver metallic. Really nice work - I imagine those are very tricky to stilt when firing. OK - I just looked back at the pics and I have to add the red one to my list of faves - a tough call as they all look great.

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-08 4:40 pm   Permalink

Helzer,

That glaze looks great! Nice job!

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 02:17 am   Permalink

Pops, I just got my Biter in the mail, you really did an Awesome job on the glazes. I LOVE the Black one you sent. Way Cool, Thanx

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-14 7:19 pm   Permalink

Whoah... making molds, casting, firing!
Nice. I spent years doing casting is college when I was studying sculpture. Seems you worked your okole off for these little buggahs! You may want to try a latex mold which will eliminate almost all "clean-up". With latex molding compound, you can make a nice "one-piece" mold that wont require the extra work and, you wont have to worry so much about the "mortality" rate!

let me know if you need any kokua! Again, I dig 'em!

A Hui Ho!

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-14 7:19 pm   Permalink

Whoah... making molds, casting, firing!
Nice. I spent years doing casting is college when I was studying sculpture. Seems you worked your okole off for these little buggahs! You may want to try a latex mold which will eliminate almost all "clean-up". With latex molding compound, you can make a nice "one-piece" mold that wont require the extra work and, you wont have to worry so much about the "mortality" rate!

let me know if you need any kokua! Again, I dig 'em!

A Hui Ho!

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation