FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki-Mania.... A little Dirk Yates goodness by me.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki-Mania.... A little Dirk Yates goodness by me.
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 8:40 pm   Permalink

So, it's been a Long time since I actually posted any Art up here. Been quite busy. Always missing out on the festivities at the Tonga Hut because of my other work. So many Mugs and prints to buy, and so little Money.

But I digress. Here's some stuff I've been working on for quite some time. One of these I posted before, but a different version. So here's my Tiki Madness. Most of these I've inked up already, and will have those scans in later this week.

Enjoy

I'll post some more stuff up as soon as I get them done.

[ This Message was edited by: TiKiMaN77 2011-07-13 18:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TiKiMaN77 2014-06-05 19:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TiKiMaN77 2014-06-26 01:35 ]

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 9:26 pm   Permalink

Very, Very nice work there Tikiman! I beleive you have posted other work before yes?

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 11:20 pm   Permalink

Yeah. The second to last one I posted way back, but had to redo her (twice in fact) to make the Pic work. Posted a few more as well, but I'll repost them when the Inks are finished.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 04:31 am   Permalink

saaaa-weeeeet! Adding color?

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-19 05:07 am   Permalink

Very seductive.....nice job....keep em coming.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 05:44 am   Permalink

Holy crap, that is some great stuff! I wish I could draw.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 9:34 pm   Permalink

Yeah, the colors will be coming soon. Just have to make copies of the Inks. Won't be doing the colors myself though...being color blind kinda keeps me from doing all that. It's why I stopped painting 11 years ago after high school. When and I can get these colored, I'll post them up here too.

Thanks for the Kind words guys.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 10:14 pm   Permalink

Great work Tikiman77!
The girls have that "Witchblade" comic feel to them! Can't wait to see these finished up! Judging from the detail in your drawings,I guess being colorblind allowed to look at forms and textures more! I knew and know 2 colorblind artists who seems to get along quite well with that condition...Have you just tried tonal renderings using just a sepia or gray? Enough blabbin'. Beautiful work and Welcome Back!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 10:07 am   Permalink

Very nice! Can't wait to see more!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-22 5:23 pm   Permalink

Want More??? Here ya go.

The Inks.....

I've got several more I'm still working on, pencil and Ink wise, so as soon as I can get some done, I'll continue posting them up here. See if I can get this thread up past 2 pages for once. And if I can get these colored, I'll defiantely post them up here for ya'z.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 11:21 pm   Permalink

Welp, I've thought about doing Grey tones, mostly with Pencil of course, but really haven't had the time to sit down and work on tonal variations using different leads. Saw a Pic last night on Comicartfans.com where someone drew a topless Island girl (blonde of course) with a Lai over most of her breasts, and well designed tiki behind her...kinda sparked the creative juices for me to do something like that...something more Life-like, rather than Comic bookish. Now I just gotta find some reference for something like that.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-21 7:34 pm   Permalink

Here's the latest piece for ya'll to see. It took me quite a while because of some perspective issues. But I'm happy with it. Can't wait to ink it and see it colored.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 8:51 pm   Permalink

Latest stuff. The pics that actually got the ball rolling with this whole project. More to come in the coming weeks.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 6:52 pm   Permalink

Latest piece to add. Not that anyone's really paying any attention....but what the hell.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 8:39 pm   Permalink

Some really nice stuff in there Personally I really like this one because there is nothing 'modern' in there - who knows what time this is from? Is she the only survivor from a wrecked trading ship?

Really love to see some period style stuff, like a chick with a vintage pirate pistol and some traditional pacific style tatts - like she's a pirate on the run who was befreinded by an island of locals Or some stuff where instead of those new guns, she has like a warclub like something Basement Kahuna would make!

But ultimately do whatever makes you tick and have fun with it!

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2007-05-03 20:40 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation