FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki-Mania.... A little Dirk Yates goodness by me.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki-Mania.... A little Dirk Yates goodness by me.
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-30 4:18 pm   Permalink

Just posting a few updates here.

The first is a repost with what I had planned on putting the finished piece when the time came. My "Splotchy" logo is also gona be my first tattoo when I get around to it, but for the sake of this Pin-Up which was done around the idea to have the Logo on the board to begin with, as well as one of the earlier 2 page Spreads in the begining of this thread, which probably won't ever see the light of day as an inked piece.

The other is also a repost, but this time it's the fullsize piece which I had scanned down at Staples on their Large Format Scanner, so there was no having to piece the images together and try to line them all up which is just a serious pain in ass. Some of the details here might be a little hard to see since it was done in Blackwhite, but the final inked piece will look a hell of a lot better, when I get around to it.

The third, also being a repost, is the "Sorcerors Apprentice" which I also had scanned in at Staples, since the previous version kinda sucked with having the line down the middle, and every time I rescanned it on my scanner, everything but the upper left hand side would line up properly when I was trying to finish it up. So here's what it should look like, minus the colors obviously.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-28 10:50 am   Permalink

FINALLY get to post this.

The Colors to "FULL MOON SACRIFICE" I just recieved from the colorist today. I was excited when he sent me the work half done 2 weeks ago, and then I checked my messages on facebook this morning to see the whole thing finished, and my excitement level can not be any higher. If anyone's interested, this and the other colored pieces (The ones I didn't do in colored pencils) will have prints available at the Tiki Bob show at the Tonga Hut in March (at least I hope I can sell them there).

Enjoy guys.

Pencils and Inks, as well as character creation: Me, Billy Crooks
Colors by the Amazing: Ben "Eddy Swan" Lucas

Next colored piece I'll have here will be the first "Pirates Booty" piece from a while back. Also hoping to have it done and printed to sell at the Bob show.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-28 12:42 pm   Permalink

Wow! Very nice! Looks awesome!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-28 3:38 pm   Permalink

Thanks man. Colorist is sending me the Hi rez file later tonight. Can't wait to see how she looks on glossy paper.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-01 12:21 am   Permalink

sooo many tikis!
a lot of time,love,and effort put into this,Billy!
Right On!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-01 12:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks Kinn. Yeah, it was a lotta time and love. Toobad the original idea didn't work out the way I wanted. It was going to have an alter with a Snake head hovering over it, and the torches replaced what was to be large statues leading to the alter. But thank the Gods it didn't work out, cuz I'm totally lovin this thing.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-12 4:50 pm   Permalink

Current sketch I'm working on, for another crazy 3 page Spread, with a lot more to it than the "Liki Tiki Lounge" I still have yet to ink up.

This one however, will be featuring our vary own Medusirena Marina, and the lady's of the M~Pod, with my Capt. Ivy Lee, part of the Pirates Booty collection. I've still got 2 more girls to do, and have yet to scan in a recently finished member to this shot, but hopefully soon I'll have them all done and up here.

Kami-Lani

Marina and the Capt.

The full piece, if all works out the way I have planned, will be like nothing I've ever done before.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-22 12:23 pm   Permalink

So it's been way too long since I've managed to get anything NEW as far as my Tiki Artwork goes done, but I've finally managed to get a few things going that I've been waiting on freetime to do.

First of all, I've finished the inks to my "Curse of the Golden Moai" piece that I did for the "MOAI MADNESS" show at the Tonga Hut a while back. NOW, it will be added to the Personal collection of Mrs. Jennifer Hayes of the Hana Shirt Co. Every Tikiphile on her friends list got an invite for a gift exchange with her....Send her an original piece of Tiki art, and she'll send you whatever shirt she has in her inventory that you want. Found the PERFECT shirt, and let her know what I had to offer. So it's going to her, and I get a real bitchin' Shirt.

Second. Here are the remaining lady's from the M~Pod that will be part of the 3 page spread I've yet to even start on, to continue with my "Pirates Booty" themed Pin-Ups.
Amasan

Hinalea

Kikakapu

And the layout of all, as far as I had planned out in my head. Some resizing needs to be redone when I do it, but the idea's there.

So, until I get some more stuff done, might be a while before I get back on here and have new stuff to share. Enjoy guys.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-26 12:12 am   Permalink

Been a while since I've actually posted anything to this thread. Not that I haven't been doing anything, just haven't bothered to post pieces up here. I usually just post to Facebook and Deviantart.com. So, for those of you who happen upon this thread that have never seen my work before it, and whom don't know of me, or know me personally on or off Facebook.....Welcome.

And while I'm at it, all pieces I've posted in this thread before hand, ARE FOR SALE!!!! A couple of pieces have already been sold, but if something strikes your fancy, let me know and I'll get you the details.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-26 12:54 am   Permalink

"The Mad Monster Beach Party."
Started this for the Halloween show at the Tonga Hut 2 years ago, but didn't get it finished until Last year. In which case, I didn't make it to that show either.
It is for sale though, in case anyone's interested.

Logo design I did for my boy Patrick Sousa of "OB TIKI"
He got the Logo and Tiki design, I got a Tiki carved by him, with the NJ Devils Logo carved into it. We Jersey boys gotta stick together.

Not sure if I posted this one here yet. Will take it down if I did.

5 Volored versions of my "Apprentice" piece, finally colored up all Purrtty like.

Another art piece for a past Tonga Hut show, this one was actually at the last "Tiki Wonderland" show, and came in second place....1 vote behind Eric October's piece.

Finally inked this piece, and it's already been bought and paid for folks...sorry.

A commissioned piece I got to do, for the gentleman who bought the piece above. It's of him and his Girlfriend. I really went hog-wild with this one, as I'd hoped to have it and another one from him done before Christmas...didn't happen. But, we was cool to wait for it.
The Pencils

The Inks

the Second Piece of his 2 Commissions, which was actually the first one I started, and the last one I finished a few weeks ago.
the Pencils.

the Inks.

I think these should do it for now. More stuff coming soon, like some pieces for Dirk Yates.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-26 06:15 am   Permalink

I wish I could do all of those pieces. Impressive. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-26 06:38 am   Permalink

Now I know who Billy Crooks is on FB
Nice art

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-26 08:26 am   Permalink

Your work is amazing. Love the detailed artwork and the energy in your work.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-26 10:43 am   Permalink

thanks guys. If I wasn't trying to wake up right now, I'd have a lot more to say....but coming from you guys, I'm honored you even took the time to look here.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-26 2:39 pm   Permalink

And here's a piece I missed last night. A little something to get the ball rolling for some pieces I'm doing for and of Our good Buddy Tiki Dirk Yates. this is just the sketch I did of him last year while attending a show at the Tonga Hut we were both at, I think it was the 55th B-day Bash/Show. Now to get crackin on the other actual pieces and finish 'em all up as fast as I can.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation