FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki-Mania.... A little Dirk Yates goodness by me.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki-Mania.... A little Dirk Yates goodness by me.
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 10:46 pm   Permalink

Well, you're in luck because I've got several ideas Without any New-fangled gadgets that could be taken as period related stuff, and one I jsut an idea for was Pirate based. Just gotta get the others outta my system before I go to work on them. The next piece I jsut started today has a BUNCH of Tiki mugs in it though.....for all you Mug lovers out there. It's gonna be fun. Lookin' forward to workin on it.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 11:11 pm   Permalink

Unfortunately I see a lot of threads in the non-carving side of creating that don't seem to get many responses, even though they are chock-full of cool stuff like this one. Maybe more info in your title may get more feedback as I know there are plenty of comics fans on TC, myself included.
Anyway, I really like these vignettes and would like to see more. My favourite is the same as hewey's...the style of the tiki, the composition and the character all merge seamlessly to create a mood.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 11:14 pm   Permalink

Yeah, that's one of my favorites too. Took me while to do it, but once everything was said and done, it turned out better than I ever planned. Thank god for Photo references.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 09:51 am   Permalink

Hey Tikiman77! I used to work as a colorist for Marvel/Malibu comics back in the mid 90s and I would have KILLED to get a page like yours! Incredible design and linework! Nice!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 7:20 pm   Permalink

Well, I have been trying to get these colored....if you're up to the task. Looking to get these on T-shirts for my CafePress store, but so far, all my colorist buddy's are busy with other stuff.

Let me know....I'd love to see what'cha can do, if you're interested.

congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 7:36 pm   Permalink

These are all very cool, my own personal fave is the maiden standing before the
throng of leering tikis. Quite wonderful stuff and we might also like to view actual
photos of the models.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 8:43 pm   Permalink

Why thank you. That one actually took me several months to do too. The original idea was to have her walking up to an alter with one of those little guys atop standing with a knife, ready for the sacrifice and a Large Snake like tiki statue behind the alter...like somehting outta Indiana Jones. Didn't work out though. This is the result of the 3rd attempt to come up with a working background for it. The torches themselves were one of the last things I did on it, because I wasn't too sure of what I wanted them to look like. Tried this design, and it worked. If you look really close on the right side of her with the other little guys there, you'll see Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Ace Frehley and Peter Chris Masks. As well and Mac Tonite, and Batman thrown in there.
My next one is her laying on a nech with Tiki mugs around her. Should prove fun. I'll post it up when I'm done.

As far as the Models go....well, I actually got the poses from a little Swimsuit calendar from SI. Tweaked some details here and there to make it my own, but it's the reference I've been using for this project.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-26 9:12 pm   Permalink

Here ya go guys. The latest piece in my never ending quest to bring the TIKI to comics. Must admit that this piece came about from seeing all the AWESOME Mugs most of you folks post up that you've done. So this is kinda my way of saying "Thanks" for the inspiration.

Thanks guys. Enjoy

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 8:39 pm   Permalink

Latest Piece to add to the Mix. Expanded upon the previous large piece, and jsut simplified it all.

Enjoy

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-30 7:12 pm   Permalink

Haven't posted anything here for some time. Redid a previous Image here to make it hella easier to ink later when I have some time. Thought I'd psot thins here while I have a few minutes before I forget about it.

Gots another one coming soon. Just trying to finish some things up on it before I photocopy and scan her in.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-30 9:17 pm   Permalink

Your art is absolutely beautiful. Any prints...or what are your plans....cause I am interested. And do keep posting even if you don't get replies...your work is awesome.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 01:18 am   Permalink

Why thank ya Vampy. This next one's gonna Blow your mind. almost finished with it, and can't wait to get it up here.
As far as Prints and stuff go, I'm waiting on some colorists I know to get off their butts and throw some colors on a few of these 'cuz I do wanna make some prints and get them up on T-shirts, and whatever else my Money needing brain can think of. I do wanna put together a Sketchbook too with all of these. Jsut gonna take forever to get that going.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 11:11 pm   Permalink

LAtest piece to update you guys, and Gals, with. Started it the week of the San Diego Comic Con., but wasn't able to finish it...until yesterday.

Now, someone had mentioned doing a Pirate piece of her, and thus....the Newest peice I'm doing is Pirate related. So tahnk you. It's been on my mind for quite some time, and I'm going full steam ahead with it.

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 11:24 pm   Permalink

That last piece is by far the best yet. Good places for eye to rest, good composition, great drawing, and believable space. Too cool! Nice rework going on above also.

ST

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 11:39 pm   Permalink

Hey Sneaky, thanks for the comments. Does my heart good to know people are diggin these as much as I am.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation