FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events San Diego/Temecula Chop - May 19, 2007
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
San Diego/Temecula Chop - May 19, 2007
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 4:34 pm   Permalink

Yeah, update us, Aaron!

Cam, that first photo of the old Model A truck, I know that guy!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 5:17 pm   Permalink

I heard though the grapevine that the doctors removed the piece of wood from Aaron's eye and he should be fine. His eye is just a little irritated right now. But it would be nice to hear from him.

It was a rough day for some. I'll let you use your imagination as to what Clysdalle is saying after he hit his hand with his mallet.

And thank you Clysdalle for forgetting your musubi.....they were tasty

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-20 7:06 pm   Permalink

Looks like I really missed out!

Hoping for speedy recoveries, Dave and Aaron. I have smacked my hand with a mallet as well as had to go to the emergency room to have wood removed from my eye, but have never suffered from stolen Spam.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 7:10 pm   Permalink

Hey guys, just got back from picking up my car & tools from T-Mec's place. The eye is O.K. today, just red & irritated and a little swollen. I re-learned a lesson I already knew - the hard way. Never take off your eye protection when using the grinder, no matter how hot & sweaty you are and even if it's only just for a minute. I finally got the wood chip removed around 8:00 last night, and let's just say it wasn't the most pleasant experience. Still a bit blurry, but I think it will be fine in a few days or so. Thanks guys for trying the "Clockwork Orange" home remedy, I think it almost worked! And thanks Moki & Dave for taking care of the car for me.

I actually had a great time before my little incident. Andy & Tina put on a great Chop; hats off to the hosts. And I got a nice consolation prize - when I showed up to get my tools, Andy had all my chisels sharpened! Thanks, Bro!!

Cheers,

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 7:26 pm   Permalink

Glad to hear it's been taken care of Aaron, I was worried about you. Andy is a great host indeed, and I had a great time.
It was a great place to carve, and I have serious shed envy, and some yard envy as well. I'll get my pictures up soon, who's got the group shots?

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 7:52 pm   Permalink

Shed envy.... yep got that tool.... although it pales in comparison to the Sharpener Envy! Andy was a great host... I had a great time. Nice meeting new folks and seeing others again.

So.... wood chip to the eye gets my chisels sharpened, huh? Hmmm... OFF with the eye protection!!!!!!

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 8:07 pm   Permalink

We all brought our guns to the "country" yesterday

Tool envy

The layout

Davez Tikiz and Tikimeculs

Tikimecula roughing out one of Davez future projects

Cammo

Clysdalle and tiki kate

Cheekygirl and Tikikate

Onatiki and the okidoki tiki

Babalu

4WD

Moki and Mieko

Thanks to our host, I had a great time.
Glad to hear AA's OK.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 10:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone for coming up, Had a great time!

Shed envy? It's only 4 walls and a roof.

Sharpener info.....
http://www.tormek.us/ for those who were interested. I love that thing! only had it a short while, but man it does the job quick.

Hope everyone had a good time out here in the "country".

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 10:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks a bunch for a perfect day of carving. TMekula basically didn't do anything all day but grill burgers for us and sharpen our tools. He's so cool.

Aaron seems fine, good. Lesson to us all. I got a sliver in the eye a few weeks ago and luckily it washed out (after a few hours) but now wear those yellow shooting glasses at all times. Aaron wasn't even working with palm wood, which is worse for little dry sharp slivers in the eyeballs.

Even taking the glasses off for a minute and wiping the sweat off your face can be dangerous - you're just spreading fine wood dust all over your eyes.

Anyway, thanks again!

[ This Message was edited by: Cammo 2007-05-21 05:23 ]

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 10:21 am   Permalink

As always had a great time, always a pleasure to chat and visit with everyone.
Beautiful place to chop and a beautiful day.

A big thank you to our hosts.

And, I'm glad you're okay Aaron, that was a close one.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 8:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks again, Andy. It was a great day.

Oki Doki with his temporary headdress

A San Diego Chop Chop Christmas Miraclepalooza: Cam starts a new piece.

Clysdalle is an angry, angry man.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikihai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 8:52 pm   Permalink

First off, glad to hear Arons eye is recuperating. Quite bummed I missed the last couple chop/chops. It looks like another great time. I would be up to having another one up in OC again...any plans for the next one?

View Profile of tikihai Send a personal message to tikihai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 8:52 pm   Permalink

merry xmas!

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 06:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-21 20:46, Tiki-Kate wrote:

Clysdalle is an angry, angry man.

hahahaha...that was before I found the misubi!! I promise I'm not that angry....well maybe a bit..

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 4:48 pm   Permalink

Hey Tikimecula -

I found a great frisbee for your dog! It lights up and makes flying saucer sounds when you throw it. You can have it at the next Chop. He can actually chase it in the dark, if it lasts more than 3 minutes with him.

Oops, does this nudge the Tonga Hut thread?

Ah, oops, uh, sorry, no really, uh, sorry.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation