FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Mahi Mahi - Blue Hawaii, Nashville, TN (restaurant)
Mahi Mahi - Blue Hawaii, Nashville, TN (restaurant)
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-21 07:31 am   Permalink

Name:Mahi Mahi - Blue Hawaii
Type:restaurant
Street:81 White Bridge Road
City:Nashville
State:TN
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
There are a couple of threads on here about the place, but I thought it should be added to this thread and be more structured.

A classic Oceanic Arts created tiki bar in Nashville. It became a Chinese restaurant which I drove past many times without knowing, and was torn down a short time ago before I got to explore it.

You can still see two small pieces of the Mahi Mahi to this day at the Omni Hut in Smyrna. There are two carved Moari panels hanging next to the entrance that once hung in the Mahi Mahi.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-21 09:14 am   Permalink

Bamboo Ben corrected me and let me know that it was an Eli Hedley work. He says OA has the files for the project in their vault. Maybe we can get a look at them in May.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-24 2:21 pm   Permalink

About time for some images on this post. Great story by Swanky on this one.

Matchbook

Napkin

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-20 3:24 pm   Permalink

Here is the mug from the Mahi Mahi, made by Oceanic Arts.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-08 5:22 pm   Permalink

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-09 05:25 am   Permalink

Amazing find Liz !!!! Nice to see another relic for this location.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-09 06:50 am   Permalink

There are a few mugs marked "Blue Hawaii". A Moai, surfer boy, etc., but I don't think anyone knows what location they were for. We just have no proof of anything. Some think maybe they were for a drink. A Blue Hawaii drink menu would help, but there has not been one found.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-10 2:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks Trav!

Swanky I posted these on this thread because I thought it was the best match. If you ever find out what was served at which location please be sure to post an update (I know you will!).

This has always been one of my favorite mug styles--I love the Aku Aku version that looks identical.

Nice , heavy mug that is easy to hold and a great design.

[ This Message was edited by: SandraDee 2014-03-10 14:34 ]

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation