FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events BenZarts Coon-Tiki 2- Pictures
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
BenZarts Coon-Tiki 2- Pictures
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 3:20 pm   Permalink

Yeah, sup wit dis?

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 6:38 pm   Permalink

I made it back! The 14-hour drive from MA to TN is a ballbuster! Don't do it!

Jungle Jim won the tiki fair and square--don't let anybody tell you different.

I can't believe how nice all the tikis came out. Ben is a great teacher and BK filled in where Ben left off. Nobody left there with a bad-looking tiki--even me who's never carved a thing. Ben's got all the pics.

We had a great time. Thanks especially to Swanky for organizing it. Dave, thanks for the grog (PM me the recipe, man!) and the carving tips. Ben, you're the best. If there's a CoonTiki 3, I'm gonna fly. Timid-Tiki--sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to you. Jungle Jim, thanks to you and Jennifer for the hospitality. If you're ever in NE, please look me up.

Oh, yeah-- I still have all my fingers too.

Here's the tiki. There's probably still 12 hours worth of work to do on it but you get the idea. I was probably the slowest carver. Yes, Ben helped me with the eyes and the nose. That is to say, he pretty much carved them for me.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 6:40 pm   Permalink

Any weekend that begins with directions like this

"Find the big carving of the girl in a bikini riding a boar, turn on the next road, go a long ways down a twisty road, take the fork until you find a dirt road with a chain across it. Drive over the chain and up the treacherously steep rocky curvy road...... to the meeting place"

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 9:40 pm   Permalink

BK back at 11:45 PM Monday. Swank, you da man. Ben, you da man. Jim, Jennifer, you da- Man and Woman..Johnny, Pappy, the Michigan crew, The Florida crew, and all crews in between-great job! Hope I was somewhat useful! Aloha, and great event to Swanky and Stephanie's credit.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 06:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-30 18:40, JohnnyP wrote:
Any weekend that begins with directions like this

"Find the big carving of the girl in a bikini riding a boar, turn on the next road, go a long ways down a twisty road, take the fork until you find a dirt road with a chain across it. Drive over the chain and up the treacherously steep rocky curvy road...... to the meeting place"

That's the opening scene to the new horror flick we are working on: "Blood on the Tikis" Jungle Jim used up all the bandaids already...

It was fun. Great to have two solid days to just carve and learn. I'm sore as hell from working that cherry log. Lots of sweating and straining. But now I should be in shape to finish it!

Thanks for coming everyone. A lot of the attendees are not on TC or not posting. Look forward to seeing the finishing of these carvings.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 09:22 am   Permalink

Yes, It was Great. Happy People and Lots of chips flying.
Yes Jungle Jim won the Benzart and then proceeded to slice into every finger he has and then some. He needed a bandaid to cover the whole hand, but he Kept right on Truckin'.
I couldn't have asked for a better, more Eager and willing class, everyone Really worked Hard and made use of Every minute available and then some. Everyone did such a great job.
Here are a few reminders on film:

The Missing in action I'll find later

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 1:37 pm   Permalink

Jealous Jealous Jealous.
Nice batch of Moai there, they all look great with their own personalities. It's really
cool to see them all lined up...a tribute to a great teacher.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 2:39 pm   Permalink

Bueno! Which Moai is JohnnyP's?

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 3:21 pm   Permalink

MIA- had to leave early to get back to work Monday morning. Besides everybody else showed me up.

I have a bunch of pictures I'll post later.

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 5:23 pm   Permalink

Nice Pics! BK looks like he's wearing a racoon apron.

Can some give a caption here, names to faces? I know the guy on the left and the guy on the right and of course Swanky.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 6:43 pm   Permalink

Let me try to put a name with a face!.....

(from left to right) Brer Fox, Kevin Costner, Pappy Potter, Jimmy Buffett, Zach Braff, Ben Kingsley and Tommy Lee Jones. In the front row is Scarlett Johansen and Dom Delouise!
Wow - celebrity carvers! Sweet!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 7:09 pm   Permalink

Stupefy!

Whoops, too late.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 06:26 am   Permalink

I am horrible with names, so, I can only try.
(l to r) BK; Gene (standing) and Heather (seated) from Naples, FL; Pappy; Mike; an extremely worn out me; Don (seated); Jungle Jim; and Ben. Johnny P was on the road. Also missing is Jay, and Everlie.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 12:21 pm   Permalink

Yeah. Where was Jay when that picture was taken????

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 6:43 pm   Permalink

Picture time. Commments later, but it was a great time. Nice meeting everybody! Benzart is the master!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation