FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Forbidden Island One Year Anniversary Party April 22nd, 2007! *Details Pg 1*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Forbidden Island One Year Anniversary Party April 22nd, 2007! *Details Pg 1*
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-03 1:15 pm   Permalink

Ordered my flight tickets, I'm in for sure!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-04-03 5:53 pm   Permalink

FI will be open at 2pm for this event only.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Buster
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-03 8:33 pm   Permalink

Mug weirdoes, I resemble that remark .
The fez guys will be there but sans fezzes. Resting my head on the pavement either before or after the even will muss my rhinestones.
Do you think the Hawaiian barbeque on Encinal will cater breakfast and might there be a special drink to go in these special mugs ?

View Profile of Buster Send a personal message to Buster      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-04 10:47 am   Permalink

Obviously, we're IN too!!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-04 8:30 pm   Permalink

I'm thinking its a go, but have to rob that bank first. will advise after the heist soon. ;-/

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-04 8:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-04 20:30, bigtikidude wrote:
I'm thinking its a go, but have to rob that bank first. will advise after the heist soon. ;-/

Jeff(bigtikidude)

WooHoo BTD! For someone who say's they have to work all the time you sure do attend a lot of TC Functions Glad to see you're back

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-05 10:43 am   Permalink

WooHooWahine, Al-ii & I have our tickets and will be flying into Oakland Saturday for some pre-partying!

Alameda, are you ready to WooooHooooOOOOOOooooooooo???

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-04-05 3:46 pm   Permalink

Here's some lodging options in Alameda and nearby that I posted last year for the grand opening.

The best choice is the Coral Reef Inn. It's a block from the beach (there is a beach fronting the bay in Alameda) and it's on the main street in Alameda, Park Street, with lots of good places to eat within walking distance, plus there's a big shopping center across the street, and a bowling alley next door. Rooms start at around $80, and some have lagoon views. It also is a bit Polynesian in style. It is not within walking distance of Forbidden Island but it's a short cab ride.

http://www.coralreefinn.com/

Coral Reef Hotel and Suites
400 Park St, Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 521-2330

Another option that is closer to the bar is the Marina Village Inn, but it may be more expensive.

http://www.marinavillageinn.com/

Marina Village Inn
1151 Pacific Marina, Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 523-9450, (800) 345-0304

Closest to the bar are a Days Inn, and a Hawthorn Inn, both on Webster. Webster is a fine street in the day, but at night the bars and many liquor stores attract some seedy characters, so I would avoid hanging out there for long at night.

Day's Inn
1925 Webster Street, Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 521-8400

Hawthorn Suites Ltd
1628 Webster St, Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 522-1000

There are also a couple of B&Bs in Alameda.

Garratt Mansion
900 Union, Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 521-4779

Webster House Bed & Breakfast Restaurant & Tea House
1238 Versailles Ave, Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 523-9697
The oldest house in Alameda, built in 1854.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-06 5:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-05 15:46, thejab wrote:
Here's some lodging options in Alameda and nearby that I posted last year for the grand opening.

The best choice is the Coral Reef Inn. It's a block from the beach

http://www.coralreefinn.com/

Coral Reef Hotel and Suites
400 Park St, Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 521-2330

I wholeheartedly agree with this option.

Isn't there another place near the Coral Reef where the rooms actually overlook the beach and the bay? I can't remember it's name, or if I'm simply confusing it with the Coral Reef.

We were at that Marina Village place not too long ago. It is kind of damp and musty, so I personally wouldn't go there.
Quote:

Webster is a fine street in the day, but at night the bars and many liquor stores attract some seedy characters, so I would avoid hanging out there for long at night.

Also very true. Conga Mike and Denise reserved the "Honeymoon Suite" at the Days Inn for the continuation of the Forbidden Island New Year's Eve party, and we noticed some seedy characters guarding the front of one of the motel rooms, bodyguard style, serious scowls on their mugs. I've since driven past there several times, and have looked for those guys, and they are out in front of that room every time! So there is either drug dealing or prostitution, or both, or something else seriously shady going on there.
Quote:

There are also a couple of B&Bs in Alameda

Webster House Bed & Breakfast Restaurant & Tea House
1238 Versailles Ave, Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 523-9697
The oldest house in Alameda, built in 1854.

I think the owners of this place sold it, and it has been turned back into a private residence. It's actually on our street, so we will scope it out tonight.

Coco Loco and I are really looking forward to this event!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-06 7:24 pm   Permalink

I would also like to add that the Coral Reef Inn is right across the street from a shopping center with a Trader Joe's that has the bags with the tikis on them. So if you couldn't find them wherever you live, we have 'em here!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-06 10:22 pm   Permalink

I haven't had a chance to visit yet. Hope we can make it up.

I heard that my number is on the wall in the girl's bathroom?....

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-06 10:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-06 22:22, MEAN GENE wrote:

I heard that my number is on the wall in the girl's bathroom?....

WooHoo!!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-06 10:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-06 19:24, JenTiki wrote:
I would also like to add that the Coral Reef Inn is right across the street from a shopping center with a Trader Joe's that has the bags with the tikis on them. So if you couldn't find them wherever you live, we have 'em here!

...and a popular Sushi joint too?

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-07 09:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-06 22:47, RevBambooBen wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-04-06 19:24, JenTiki wrote:

...and a popular Sushi joint too?

REALLY popular(see long ass wait). They are hit or miss though. Sometimes the service sucks and the food is great, vice versa or both. Overall, if you are across the street, it could be worthwhile, just order some beers and stand inside as you wait for a table. Even better, go over to Webster St. and eat at the cozier Yokohama. The baked scallop roll makes life worth living.
Anyone else who needs East Bay/SF food tips just pm me. I am an obsessive in this category.

___________Oh yeah, this is my 100th post-yippee!______
Aloha Mr. Hand

[ This Message was edited by: theded1 2007-04-07 09:35 ]

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-07 10:34 am   Permalink

WoooHooooooOOOOOOooooooooo!

Al-ii, WooHooWahine and I are confirmed at the Coral Reef Inn for Saturday and Sunday!!! Got a killer deal through Yahoo Travel!!! $84/night!!!

Also secured transportation, so it looks like we might make a hit on a few tiki bars before the BIG EVENT at Forbidden Island!!!! Look out T.V.'s Emeryville, Kona Club and Konga Lounge!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation