[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food How Not To Make a Mint Julep
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
How Not To Make a Mint Julep
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 08:06 am   Permalink

Check out this hilarious, yet depressing, clip from DrinksTV in which Miami nightclub bimbotender, Andrea, explains how to make a Woodford Reserve Mint Julep, which as she helpfully explains, "...is like a Mojito, but with bourbon."

While this isn't specifically about tiki drinks, I think it speaks volumes about the general decay in bartending skills all over the US.

After reading the recipe, I felt like I needed to go brush my teeth to scrub off all the sugar.

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blue Thunder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 10:57 am   Permalink

That's disgusting. Maybe she will work at T.G.I.Fridays someday.

View Profile of Blue Thunder Send a personal message to Blue Thunder  Email Blue Thunder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 11:47 am   Permalink

"Don't forget to add your Sprite."

WHA!?

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 12:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-25 10:57, Blue Thunder wrote:
That's disgusting. Maybe she will work at T.G.I.Fridays someday.

I think she's Chotchkie's material, but first she'll need to find some room on that skimpy blouse for at least 7 pieces of flair.

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 1:30 pm   Permalink

As bad as that drink was, it looks like a Trader Vic's Mai Tai in comparison to the mixological nightmare that is Where the F*ck Did I Park My Car. I think the 3 hootchie bartenders cost extra.

Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 3:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-25 08:06, MrBaliHai wrote:
Check out this hilarious, yet depressing,

I think we saw her in the topless bartending course didn't we?

Life is a state of mind

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 3:34 pm   Permalink

I like that she doesn't even think the drink is very good at the end, she sort of backs off, it must reek somethin' awful.

And that final Limp Mint Sprig doesn't want to go in, she has to jam the thing in against it's will and it immediately dies a miserable death, hanging over the side.

Poor frickin' Mint Sprig.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 4:25 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2007-03-25 15:07, Ojaitimo wrote:
Quote:

I think we saw her in the topless bartending course didn't we?

I'm pretty sure that was the girls in the 2nd clip.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-03-26 7:24 pm   Permalink

I've seen toilet water that looks better. Just toss in some mint!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DemeraraDrinker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-28 1:43 pm   Permalink

Oh God, this happens so often, it makes me sick. Almost every chain restaurant murders mojitos, juleps, Mai Tais, etc.

I especially hate it when they do "their take" on drinks and come up with abominations like a Blueberry Mojito.

View Profile of DemeraraDrinker Send a personal message to DemeraraDrinker  Goto the website of DemeraraDrinker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ HawaiianShirt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 8:55 pm   Permalink

Wow.

This reminds me of the time at this crappy Adams Morgan DC bar that I ordered a Blue Hawaiian and got Sprite with Blue Curacao in it.

Spirited Remix - cocktails and spirits blog
http://spiritedremix.blogspot.com

View Profile of DJ HawaiianShirt Send a personal message to DJ HawaiianShirt  Goto the website of DJ HawaiianShirt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DemeraraDrinker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-29 07:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-28 20:55, DJ HawaiianShirt wrote:
Wow.

This reminds me of the time at this crappy Adams Morgan DC bar that I ordered a Blue Hawaiian and got Sprite with Blue Curacao in it.

That sounds like it would crack your teeth. And if DC means Washington DC, the drink probably wasn't cheap.

View Profile of DemeraraDrinker Send a personal message to DemeraraDrinker  Goto the website of DemeraraDrinker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ HawaiianShirt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 08:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-29 07:21, DemeraraDrinker wrote:
And if DC means Washington DC, the drink probably wasn't cheap.

Yeah, Washington, but the drink was only about 5 dollars. I mean, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I wanted either.

Spirited Remix - cocktails and spirits blog
http://spiritedremix.blogspot.com

View Profile of DJ HawaiianShirt Send a personal message to DJ HawaiianShirt  Goto the website of DJ HawaiianShirt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quince_at_Dannys
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 3:06 pm   Permalink

You gotta wonder, have people like this even CRACKED OPEN a drink recipe book?!?

View Profile of Quince_at_Dannys Send a personal message to Quince_at_Dannys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DemeraraDrinker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-29 3:09 pm   Permalink

I would guess no. When I bartended in college at a new restaurant, we went through 4 days of "training". We never picked up a bottle in the whole 4 days.

I already knew a thing or two, and there was a real, professional bartender in our crew who taught me a lot more. Thank God, cause the training was useless.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation