FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki-Kate Tries to Carve
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki-Kate Tries to Carve
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-17 7:02 pm   Permalink

I was just looking back through your thread and saw where I posted a week shy of a year ago---I can see you've made some progress. The more you carve, the better you get and youz iz gettin' mo betta!

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-09 8:09 pm   Permalink

I don't know what possessed me the other day, but I have several adorable Tiki Tony wooden signs on my living room walls, and I've always wanted to try making one myself. I also wanted to do something with my mini-palm set other than slice my hands up. So I carved a little sign to hang in my Cheap Plastic Tiki Mask Bathroom. Granted, it's made of wood, but I still think it fits in nicely.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-12 12:08 pm   Permalink

Been meaning to say - it would be cool if you did a series of plaques like this about different classic mugs.

Where it says 'TIKI' put the name of the mug. And do it all with antique brown/black/white paints or stains, and final-coat the thing in 2 coats of amber shellac. They'd look great!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-12 1:55 pm   Permalink

Yay Kate, your guy is so cute! I hope you didn't cut yourself at all on this one...

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-12 7:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-12 13:55, mieko wrote:
Yay Kate, your guy is so cute! I hope you didn't cut yourself at all on this one...

Sadly, that was the first thing I did. I broke out a fresh box of band-aids for the occasion.

Quote:

On 2008-04-12 12:08, Cammo wrote:
Been meaning to say - it would be cool if you did a series of plaques like this about different classic mugs.

Where it says 'TIKI' put the name of the mug. And do it all with antique brown/black/white paints or stains, and final-coat the thing in 2 coats of amber shellac. They'd look great!

That's a great idea. It would have been tough to fit the word "Mainlander" on this little piece.

I'm going to switch over to clay for a couple of weeks. I'll get back to wood for the next Chop.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-13 07:00 am   Permalink

Main
lander

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-13 07:16 am   Permalink

Aloha Kate! Your Tiki's are lookin Great! Keep it up,Aloha, Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-15 12:28 pm   Permalink

rock-on with yo bad self kate! those colored stains look muy bueno. keep up the arrrrsome work

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 6:27 pm   Permalink

Here is the latest in what seems to be a series of silly signs.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 7:35 pm   Permalink

Tiki tOny colors all the way. Great job

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-30 09:56 am   Permalink

Nice! Great progress between the two, I think..! Congrats

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 1:00 pm   Permalink

Hey Tiki-Kate! Your tikis look awesome! The little plaques are great! Any plans to carve any to sell?

I haven't done any carving myself, but with all this inspiration, it's probably only a matter of time...

It was great getting to meet you at the Tiki Room 45th Anniversary!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 1:01 pm   Permalink

YAY for Silly Signs!
Go KAte Go!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 1:31 pm   Permalink

I feel like a dork for not noticing this thread before. I've seen you work on almost all of these pieces, but never really saw the finished product.

Muy Bueno Chica!

I want to live you in your tiki filled home!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 7:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-24 13:00, tobunga wrote:
Hey Tiki-Kate! Your tikis look awesome! The little plaques are great! Any plans to carve any to sell?

I haven't done any carving myself, but with all this inspiration, it's probably only a matter of time...

It was great getting to meet you at the Tiki Room 45th Anniversary!

Thanks, Eric.

I've never really thought about selling my stuff, but I love carving these signs. So that may happen at some point.

You should try to make it to one of our Chops. They're a great place to learn.

I'm so glad to have met you too.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for the encouragement, Ken.

And Nelva, I'd post more often if I could actually get around to finishing anything. Oy. But I'm glad you finally got to see some of the things I've been able to complete.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation