FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Shamelessly watching....DWTS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Shamelessly watching....DWTS
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-29 09:05 am   Permalink

As I think about it (and discuss it w/ TofuJoe), we have a hunch Paula Abdul may be SH's replacement.

Rumours I've heard recently indicate that ABC is in negotiations with Paula for a development deal that stipulates she first be a part of DwtS. She's overqualified to be a contestant, and they're full up on the judges dais, so doing the backstage "Kiss 'n' Cry" would be ideal.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-29 7:31 pm   Permalink

Yeah...I think you are on to something there...makes sense. Now let's just hope she isn't wasted like she used to be on Idol, that would not be good. It is a nice spot to have, but ya gotta be pretty in tune with the dances, sharp witted and politically correct. Tom does a great job really.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 07:34 am   Permalink

I can't envision Paula as a hostess on DWTS. More than anything else, she's a choreographer. If she is anything on the show, I think it has to be as a judge.

[ This Message was edited by: The Gnomon 2010-02-01 09:22 ]

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-02 5:26 pm   Permalink

The DwtS 2010 Line-Up is Announced

WTF? I'm appalled....

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-02 5:52 pm   Permalink

OMG...that is scraping the bottom of the chum bucket. I may be missing this season.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-03 07:30 am   Permalink

Cheryl is partnered with 85, so his coordination and athleticism should help keep her in the running a lot longer than she could go last season. Edyta is partnered with the soap hunk. Still, I have to wonder if I will be able to stand watching the show long enough to actually catch them.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-22 10:06 pm   Permalink

Interesting line up. I missed the first half of the show tonight, but was lucky to see Nicole and Derek and they are my pick for this season.

The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 08:11 am   Permalink

Cheryl may be a contender with 85, so that's better for me than last season when she had no talent to work with whatsoever.

As for Derek, I've always thought he was one of the best and it looks like he's a definite contender himself this season.

My appreciation of his integrity became elevated a couple of years ago when he called out Warren Sapp for sabatoging a group project they were doing. Warren came to the rehearsal late, was slacking off, complaining, and making everyone else suffer for his own shortcomings. When Derek got in his face about it, Warren apparently lifted Derek off the floor and pressed him against the wall. All I gotta say is that Warren is one lucky SOB that Derek did not send him to the hospital on a gurney.

I'm glad he has a good partner. Hope he loses...to Cheryl and 85.

Why they brought Buzz in, I don't know, since I would expect him to be among the first to go. But it was great seeing the guy I saw as a kid skipping across the surface of the moon now skipping (sort of) across a dance floor decades later. Is Buzz 85? I think he's somewhere in that vicinity, which gives him and Chad something in common.

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-20 09:34 am   Permalink

Holy crap, can we just get rid of Kate Gosselin all ready!!? Her poor partner could dance with a mannequin on rollerskates and it would be less stiff and have more life in it's performance than Kate. How the hell has she survived this long?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-20 10:28 am   Permalink

I don't have a good feeling about Chad and Cheryl, I think he's creeped her out to the point where she knows they won't win and will probably tank it just to get it over with.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-20 11:59 am   Permalink

Poor baby! She does have that look of hopelessness about her. Now she knows what it's like to be partnered with a guy who legally changed his name so they'd have to write it on his jersey.

Who wants to tell him that 85 is ochenta y cinco, not ocho cinco. Ocho cinco is 8 5 (separate integers).

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-21 08:23 am   Permalink

Yay, she's gone.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-21 3:34 pm   Permalink

FINALLY!!!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-23 08:12 am   Permalink

Celebrity? Sure. Star? I don't think so.

Rachel Uchitel, the night club hostess who allegedly slept with Tiger Woods, is said to be aiming for a spot on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars," according to Norm Clarke of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Clarke writes that Uchitel has been training for six weeks.

Uchitel, who reportedly moved back to Las Vegas in March, was the first woman to be named as part of Woods' explosive sex scandal. Woods reportedly wrote Uchitel an emotional email and also allegedly shared a bizarre sex fantasy with her. In January, a source who initially revealed Uchitel's relationship with Tiger called her a "celebrity whore."

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-21 8:06 pm   Permalink

OK all you closet DWTS viewers are ya gonna admit to watching this season? I hope it is better than the last few!!! Here we go...here we go...here we go...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation