FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Exotica 2007 Surf into Chicago 7/7/07
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Exotica 2007 Surf into Chicago 7/7/07
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-27 1:01 pm   Permalink

Aloha all!
We are pleased to announce that Exotica 2007 is on. Mark your calendars for the weekend of July 7. That's 7/7/07. We will once again be having an all-day blowout that Saturday at Fitzgerald's with music provided by great acts such as the The Astronauts, The Concussions, The Volcanos, The Bikini Beachcombers and The Reluctant Aquanauts. Joining us again this year are The Neanderthals and while The Los Straitjackets can not be there this time, we have Los Santos! We are also VERY please to announce that this year we are honored to feature the legendary band The Trashmen! That's right, the bird IS the word this summer at Exotica!

Of course, we'll also have some hula dancing, some go-go gals, guest DJs, vintage surf flicks, vendors selling the best of Tiki and Hawaiiana and smaller events Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

Hope you can come out and join us in celebrating as Tiki surfs into Chicago this summer.

Mahalo!
-Duke

You can check out the site at:
www.chicagoexotica.com

[ This Message was edited by: boutiki 2007-05-08 09:19 ]

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-27 6:10 pm   Permalink

Yeah! way to go guys! Gald you could put the event together.

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-27 7:36 pm   Permalink

first it was go (unofficially) then a no go , now a GO!! Sweet that the cards flipped up in the right direction with the one that matters, the last one.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 02:20 am   Permalink

That's great Duke!!!

I'm glad to hear the EXOTICA event lives on!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
reedalong
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-28 10:27 am   Permalink

Awesome! This will be my first and I can't wait!!!

View Profile of reedalong Send a personal message to reedalong      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-03-28 11:11 am   Permalink

I saw the Trashmen at the first Las Vegas Grind and they were amazing! This sounds like a blast. I hope I can make it.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 11:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-28 11:11, thejab wrote:
I saw the Trashmen at the first Las Vegas Grind and they were amazing! This sounds like a blast. I hope I can make it.

We got hitched during the '99 grind. What a fabulous time it was.

The Trashmen don't do shows very often, so it's an honor that they are coming to Chi-Town for Exotica.

Papaumaumau Papaumaumaumau!

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 12:05 pm   Permalink

oooh, I love the Neanderthals! They played the Rockabilly Ball here last september! They are GREAT!
Widh I could come to Chigao, but I have a wedding that weekend.
foooey! everyone have a blast!
PEa

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jet Sterling
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-28 5:37 pm   Permalink

YES!!!! What a great band line-up! Very happy that you guys are organizing this again. It is a huge endeavor, but well worth it. 2005 was an absolute blast...can't wait!

View Profile of Jet Sterling Send a personal message to Jet Sterling  Email Jet Sterling Goto the website of Jet Sterling     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 6:31 pm   Permalink

This is great news....way to pull it all together!!! Where can we find info on vending?? thanx again, Boutiki!! fB

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 9:13 pm   Permalink

yep were in , with new baby aboard!

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 12:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-28 21:13, hala bullhiki wrote:

Yo Hala,

When is that baby rum drinker due?

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jet Sterling
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-29 07:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-29 00:39, tedtiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-03-28 21:13, hala bullhiki wrote:

Yo Hala,

When is that baby rum drinker due?

Bullhiki-

If my memory serves me correctly regarding the due date, I think he/she could be born right there at Fitzgerald's!

...which doesn't rule out the possibility of the delivery being performed by a guy in a Mexican wrestling mask!

View Profile of Jet Sterling Send a personal message to Jet Sterling  Email Jet Sterling Goto the website of Jet Sterling     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 09:01 am   Permalink

nah, shes due april 23rd, although tracy and i think she may come a little early

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 10:15 am   Permalink

..good news indeed!! nice to see it happening again....i just wish you guys were able to draw bands that weren't all local....most of your line-up at this time consists of bands we locals have seen in these parts a million times....which is a good thing for those coming in from out of town that haven't seen them....last exotica had the nelsonics, which rocked the house and was awesome to see them play live..don't you have any musical contacts to draw upon?? how about a call for bands outside the midwest?? anyway, should be a good time and i don't mean to knock your efforts.....look forward to it just the same...

...now i'm gonna sit here and wait for the "if you don't like the bands than start your own event" rebuttle from the peanut gallery....LOL

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation