FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix XXXII Friday March 30th!!
King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix XXXII Friday March 30th!!
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 01:44 am   Permalink

Friday March 30th, 2007 10PM No Cover

Tonight King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis play, and say aloha to Malahini Marc as he sets sail for Broadway and prepares to live in the Big Apple...which will become the Big PINEapple when the Malahini arrives. For 3 months he'll be performing in "Passing Strange", a musical, and until his return he says Bon Voyage to the Friki Tikis, the Polynesian Paradise Dancers, and to Tiki Taix.

AND

Once again from the beach comes the enchanting Hula magic of the Polynesian Paradise Dancers! Akemi, "The Enchantress of The Islands" and "Keiko The Adored" are among other mysteries of Paradise lost. Don't miss this night of the Polynesian Paradise.

PLUS

Brian Chidister, DJ, archivist and author of books, magazines and liner notes will once again be presenting the rarities of his video vaults. Earlier in the evening he'll be presenting his slideshow with Dennis Hopper at the Cinematheque, we'll get a report on that topic at Tiki Taix.

ALSO

Part III “Duke Kahanamoku – This Is Your Life!” from 1957. See Duke dance the hula to his siblings singing "On The Beach At Waikiki"! And King Gustav of Sweden's laurel wreath given to Duke in 1912. Then long distance swimming champion Ludy Langer tells what Duke did on his 30th Birthday.

AND

The most expensive Mai Tai party in history! It happened in London at a popular lounge called Trailer Happiness. 8 Mai Tais, each worth an estimated $1,750 totalling $14,000. Come and find out what these lucky slobs had in common with Trader Vic Bergeron.

Join us for this one night only event. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park, Los Angeles 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 12:15 pm   Permalink

I'll be there,
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 12:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

For 3 months he'll be performing in "Passing Strange", a musical

Small detour....

Wow! We saw "Passing Strange" up here in Berkeley just before it closed to move to New York.

This show is amazing. If you are in New York and get a chance... go see it.

If he was gonna leave you to do anything, this is definitely worth letting him slip away for.

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 1:49 pm   Permalink

Coco Loco and I will be there too!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-28 1:59 pm   Permalink

WooHooWahine and I are in.

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 7:44 pm   Permalink

Tiki TI before???

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-30 01:14 am   Permalink

BTD -- I'm up for Tiki Ti before Taix!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-30 5:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-28 13:59, SoccerTiki wrote:
WooHooWahine and I are in.

BooHooo SoccerTiki is sick We won't be there tonight

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-30 7:01 pm   Permalink

its 7 now, Im gonna try to be at tiki ti by 8:30

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-27 5:22 pm   Permalink

I just heard that Tiki TAix is going on tonight! Al-ii WooHooWahine and I will be there!!! Stopping by Tiki Ti around 9 for a quickie (or two!)

WooooHoooooOOOooooooo!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation