[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Starburst Shelf "Re-purposed"
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Starburst Shelf "Re-purposed"
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 1:26 pm   Permalink

I like the Space Age, Starburst, Amoeba and Boomerang Style. I found this "Starburst Shelf" down on Fourth St in Long Beach at the Starlight Room, right by Tiki Frogs excellent Mid-Century Shop. It was really in poor shape, so I thought I'd fix it. I've been watching the "Junk Brothers" lately and they fix things up and change 'em up a bit, so they gave me some inspiration. As you can see the Foil Wallpaper was badly decomposing, the Plastic Mirror was beat up, it needed painting and it was lame.

I added Tapa and some cool woven Material Mat board, it looks cool.

We all need more shelf space
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-03-28 1:43 pm   Permalink

Very Nice Al,

I'm jealous.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 1:49 pm   Permalink

that awsome great job!!!

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 1:55 pm   Permalink

That is exquisite! I am inspired.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 3:57 pm   Permalink

That looks bitchin'! Awesome idea.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 8:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-28 13:26, Al-ii wrote:
I've been watching the "Junk Brothers" lately and they fix things up and change 'em up a bit...

I take perverse pleasure in watching Junk Brothers because I often think that the final product is worse junk than what they started with. But you did an awesome job - what a striking way to show off your knick knacks.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-28 8:59 pm   Permalink

Wow...what an excellent job....and it looks great with your furniture and lamps. It definitely is an inspiration.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-28 9:13 pm   Permalink

WOOOHOOO Al-ii!! Tiki-rrific Job!!! You need to go into the business

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 9:22 pm   Permalink

swankeriffic Al-ii! You seem to be a natural with this kinda stuff!
Beautiful transformation!
Watch out Bamboo Ben!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 11:40 pm   Permalink

Al, this looks great. I also love all the stuff you have displayed specially the female bust, I have been wanting one of those for ever. Great job.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 03:16 am   Permalink

Great job! Really hard to pull off a successful marriage of Googie and Teekee like that but when it works well nothing kix ass quite as much!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 11:35 am   Permalink

Fantastic work, Al!
You saved another wonderful piece of history from the jaws of the landfill and made another cool addition to your swanky home!
Keep up the great work...
K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 1:36 pm   Permalink

that shelf is HOT!!! nice tapa work....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 1:53 pm   Permalink

Simply fabulous! I love that old bottle of Myers.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 10:35 pm   Permalink

Al. that is nice! I like them lamps , very shagadelic. I either mixed up the CD you ga e me with pics of the tiki or it has freedom rock on it. You better send me some more pics AGAIN. aye yaye yaye!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation