Maori Tiki art
Dragonaotearoa
Deleted

Posted: 2007-03-29 03:48 am   Permalink

Kia Ora
I am a graphic artist from NZ - New Zealand
I am Maori by ethnicity, Ngai Tahu te Iwi, my People or Tribe
Kati Kuri te hapu, a part within Ngai tahu

I design mostly for tshirts, but also sculpt, paint and I am just starting to learn carving. Not all tiki but I do cover Hei Tiki om my TShirts.

This was my first design attempt

Then with these following

I am currently working on 2 others

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-29 04:51 am   Permalink

Very nice Dragon...and welcome to the board.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 07:25 am   Permalink

You go girl!! Dig!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kitty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-30 09:34 am   Permalink

Beautiful work! I am thrilled to see the link to your designs in "other crafts." I will be proud to wear one of your shirts.
PS- glad to see you back!!

[ This Message was edited by: Kitty 2007-03-30 09:37 ]

View Profile of Kitty Send a personal message to Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-30 12:53 pm   Permalink

Glad you're back. Beautiful work.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-31 01:15 am   Permalink

Wha happened DragonA is deleted?

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-31 08:52 am   Permalink

??????

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-03 11:48 am   Permalink

WTF? Come on, somebody fill us in .

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-03 5:12 pm   Permalink

She told me she was banned for threatening Gman with violence. Maybe with a Maori club?
I'll miss her very cool art here, but if you want to see her stuff go to Yahoo 360. Same name there.
Aloha!

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-03 5:19 pm   Permalink

Go to 360.yahoo.com then type in her name for your search. She's there.

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-03 7:12 pm   Permalink

Is saying "If you came here (NZ) and said that in front of my family you'd get your ass kicked." a REAL threat of violence? Did I miss something? Was this threat a PM? Edited out of a post?

I'm certainly not taking sides, just curious?

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-03 9:32 pm   Permalink

I think the mods, or Hanford could answer your questions Sneaky.

hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2007-04-03 9:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2007-04-03 19:12, Sneakytiki wrote:
Is saying "If you came here (NZ) and said that in front of my family you'd get your ass kicked." a REAL threat of violence?

It doesn't have to be a REAL threat of violence -- the rules state clearly you can't even joke about it (see
rule 3). Over time many members have made it clear to me that they don't think there's any room for for threats on Tiki Central, and I agree.

When I banned the member (never mentioning to them whether it was a permanent or temporary ban) ... guess what his/her reply was?
Quote:
Keep your fucked up forum and shove it up your ass!!

Eh, I don't need waste my time with people like that.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-04 02:28 am   Permalink

Hanford,

Thanks for the rule clarification. I'm sorry to hear that you were insulted like that. It's so rare that a member gets banned around here that I was uber curious. I'm appreciative that u run this free site for us and have seen your great amount of patience/tolerance of members in the past.

Regards,
ST

hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2007-04-04 03:01 am   Permalink

Actually, perhaps I should clarify, because it was not the person's insult to me that tipped me over the edge.

This particular banning is about the attitude of the person as much as it was the threat. We have over a thousand regular vistors who never post. And we have hundreds more who do. And all of you people have proved to me one simple thing:

It's so easy to decide to spread good vibes on a site like Tiki Central.

Think of Tiki Central as a wall in a public place. The stuff you're writing on it -- unless you choose to take the time to go back and change it -- is going to be here for a very, very long time. So what are you gonna write?

You can write a poem, or you can scribble obscenities. You can do a beautiful mural, or you can trash one.

Now, since I own the wall, I'm hoping people aren't gonna trash it. And typically when trashing occurs, a bit of behind-the-scenes emails occur and it's all straightened out. Now, if in the process of me trying to straighten things out a user decides to go against the grain, well that's pretty much a sign to me to let differences be differences and send the user on their way. I need people to want to be here, and to want to get along with everyone. I need people who are aware that they have a determining factor in what they bring to the site, and decide to bring good things.

That just wasn't happening here in this case.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation