[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Zaya Rum
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Zaya Rum
Bincho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-30 10:05 pm   Permalink

Ok it's not like me to sing the praises of a brand of booze without copious and detailed research over the course of many years but I am going out on a limb here: Zaya Rum is phenomenal-- So good you almost dont want to mix it, but if you do mix it, mix it with good stuff and you will not be dissapointed.

Out of the Bottle- delicious.
In a glass- Pretty outstanding.
In a glass with ice- cold and delicious.
Mixed 1:2 with banana/strawbery nectar over some ice--Whooo Baby
Mixed 1: 1 with Banana/Strawberry nectar-- Now yer taliking
Mixed 2:1 with dregs of nectar- Jamming
in a glass of mostly melted ice previously mixed with nectar- good enuf to write a post about this rum.

Cheers!

[ This Message was edited by: Bincho 2007-03-30 22:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: bincho 2007-04-10 18:20 ]

View Profile of Bincho Send a personal message to Bincho      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-31 06:03 am   Permalink

I have found Zaya to be excellent, well worth trying even with it's price tag - $45 or thereabouts whenever I see it. But that price tag makes it difficult to purchase, since that is $5 more expensive than the Ron Zacapa Centenario 23-year-old. But there is no doubt that it is a premium rum, something I consider to be a classic taste, and quite sippable. One of the best, in my opinion - I just wish it was cheaper than the Ron Z.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bincho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-31 09:33 am   Permalink

I paid $35 for it-? I have to check to see if there is more.

View Profile of Bincho Send a personal message to Bincho      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-31 09:59 am   Permalink

For $35 I would certainly buy it more often!

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bincho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-31 5:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks for tip on Ron Zacapa- I will look for it ;D

Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-31 7:24 pm   Permalink

Don't just look for it - FIND IT!

It is easily my favorite rum, and IMHO the best of all the reasonably priced rums. That is, it's not as good as Pyrat Cask 23, but at about $40 the Ron Zacapa is affordable.

Bincho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-10 6:21 pm   Permalink

FYI Zaya 12 year old at BevMo--Club Bev price $$$26.99!!!!
Take a bath in it!

Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 06:24 am   Permalink

Zaya for $27? Ouch - I pay closer to $45 in new England!!

stevemarkoya

Posted: 2007-04-11 4:50 pm   Permalink

I have a bottle of Zaya nd Zacapa 23. For the money the Zacapa is bit smoother to me. Of course here in Delaware the Zaya runs $40 to $45 a bottle and the Zacapa can be had for around $33 on any internet site. I have heard that Zaya is made by the same company that makes Zacapa...just relabled as a private lable...they do the same with Montecristo rum.

View Profile of stevemarkoya Send a personal message to stevemarkoya      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bryn494

Posted: 2008-02-24 2:25 pm   Permalink

Well, I've been a steady rum drinker (despite all the anti-social jokes) for about 35 years now and I still rate Zaya as my favourite (but didn't know about the 'rebranded' stuff mentioned earlier).

I think that the best part about this rum is its staying power. Even after downing a pint or so it's STILL very tasty (try that with Pyrat XO) and it treats you quite well next morning too.

As for mixing it.... well

It was thanks to Zaya I discovered your site, I was googling to see if I could find a cheaper source. When I found out I already have some of the music that's on sale here (so, I'm NOT alone after all...) is when I signed up!

I just thought I'd stick my 2 cents worth in

Bon-voyage...

[ This Message was edited by: bryn494 2008-02-24 14:39 ]

View Profile of bryn494 Send a personal message to bryn494      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Hunter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-26 12:20 pm   Permalink

Zaya is one of my favorite sipping rums. Total Wine, a new store in Roseville CA has it for the low every day price of $22.99! Check out their web site they have many locations in the US.

View Profile of Rum Hunter Send a personal message to Rum Hunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 9:48 pm   Permalink

Wow - 23 bucks! Tell them to open more stores! The usual non-sale price at BevMo here is around $29. We had to pay close to $40 in CT last year, but it was still worth every penny.

Zaya has completely spoiled me. I've never mixed it; it's just too good. I like the Ron Zacapa 23 year, but Zaya is by far my favorite. I think it's the smoothest and the flavors are amazing. Been very excited to find it becoming available in a few different bars lately, too. It always has to be my final drink because nothing else tastes as good after that.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-07 6:01 pm   Permalink

From time to time, the California food chain, Vons, has it for $22.99. Keep your eyes open for it. It's a great rum for sipping and mixing.

View Profile of bewarethe151 Send a personal message to bewarethe151      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-08 03:01 am   Permalink

We've been mixing mai tai's around here with an ounce of Pusser's, and an ounce of Zaya. Martiki turned us on to the recipe. Pretty damn good, in my opinion! Give it a try. Cheers!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-26 08:31 am   Permalink

I was surprised to find Zaya on the shelf at the Safeway in Alameda this weekend. It was $27 I think. Now, if they could only start stocking Ron Zacapa.

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation