[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Zaya Rum
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Zaya Rum
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-26 09:07 am   Permalink

I finally tried some Zaya this past weekend at Amy's party.
good stuff.
must get some.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Connection
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-28 8:44 pm   Permalink

Zaya is good rum. There's always a debate about the quality of the current Zaya when compared to the variety from a few years back. Either way, it's really good rum and I always try to keep a bottle on hand.

View Profile of Rum Connection Send a personal message to Rum Connection  Goto the website of Rum Connection     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
quickiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 11:38 am   Permalink

I love this stuff. Really great served straight. In fact, I've served this on the rocks to non-rum drinkers and they were blown away by how good it tasted.

View Profile of quickiki Send a personal message to quickiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sincityryan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-02 6:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-26 08:31, Tiki Kaimuki wrote:
I was surprised to find Zaya on the shelf at the Safeway in Alameda this weekend. It was $27 I think. Now, if they could only start stocking Ron Zacapa.

I think they have an exclusive contract to sell with Vons (Safeway is same company)Somebody told me that anyway... Zaya makes the best navy grog I have ever had though, use zaya and Orange Extract in your honey... wow they compliment each other very well!

View Profile of Sincityryan Send a personal message to Sincityryan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
iTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-02 8:12 pm   Permalink

3 or 4 shots of Zaya in a lowball glass filled with crushed ice and just a splash of Velvet Falernum is one of my favorite "quickie" drinks.

View Profile of iTiki Send a personal message to iTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chiwito
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-02 9:30 pm   Permalink

Zaya has definitely become my favorite rum, but I blame it for the bad things it does to bartenders. Last fall, my wife [then fiancee] and I dropped into our second favorite Alameda rum bar, a place called Havana. I was just going to have one mojito, and that's all I ordered. However, one of the bartenders kept talking so much about Zaya that I had to give it a try. Then the other tender bragged about a new daiquiri recipe he had created using it, and started making samples for the first tender and myself. Eventually, having still ordered just the one round, I had to let my fiancee drive my car home. A few weeks later, Tiki Tom's in Oakland started carrying Zaya regularly. The same happened. I walked in and ordered my usual diet coke; the bartenders got to discussing what they could do with the Zaya, and having ordered nothing but the DC I wound up walking home. Hard to stick to a diet when this stuff is doing things to the bartenders.

View Profile of chiwito Send a personal message to chiwito  Email chiwito     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation