FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Comments Solicited - My First Post!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Comments Solicited - My First Post!
7TiKiS
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-01-15 12:12 pm   Permalink

Ok... I'm no longer a lurker, well, on this board anyway.

I have been carving a few Tiki Sculptures in my spare time and was wondering if anyone might want to comment on them and maybe offer suggestions on improvements or style. (I already have a day job BTW).

I hope the link below works...
http://67.8.96.171/7tikis/

Putting a link there sure is a lot easier then loading all these carvings up in my jeep and toting them over to friends houses ... This internet thing may catch on eh?

Also... congrats on a great board! TONS! of interesting information and contribution.

7TiKiS

[ This Message was edited by: 7tikis on 2003-01-16 11:27 ]

View Profile of 7TiKiS Send a personal message to 7TiKiS  Email 7TiKiS Goto the website of 7TiKiS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 12:30 pm   Permalink

Love them. I really like the root hair and the plants on top. You have a beautifuly unique style.

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 12:40 pm   Permalink

Nice tikis 7tikis. I have yet to carve one with the roots still attached. In fact I have my eye on a few in the neighborhood, just need a crane to get it out, it's 3 ft. wide and about 7 ft. tall excluding the roots. It's been cutoff at that height for a few years so it might be dried out and very lightweight. I've already claimed it and the owner of the house doesn't even know it yet, hehe. JT

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 12:52 pm   Permalink

good job 7tiikis and welcome to da krew. Eh, on tiki #2, I can't help but want to carve on da bottom half of dat tiki. Thats a lot of palm still...mind if I wen fly ova and hit it with a chizle or two.
They look good!

Aloha

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 1:00 pm   Permalink

Tiki-riffic!

Wish I could do that!

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
7TiKiS
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-01-15 1:14 pm   Permalink

Awww shuxxx....

Thanks for all the kind words... hey gecko anytime! Got a hut for ya to camp in and I'll provide the chisels... seen your work, wish I could carve like 'dat'!

7TiKiS

View Profile of 7TiKiS Send a personal message to 7TiKiS  Email 7TiKiS Goto the website of 7TiKiS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 1:46 pm   Permalink

7tikis, welcome to Tiki Central. Nice carvings you got there!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fartsatune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 2:32 pm   Permalink

I really love the "sleepy tiki"! Great hair!

View Profile of fartsatune Send a personal message to fartsatune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
divychic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 2:45 pm   Permalink

Welcome aboard, I like them all! Especially the ShellTiki. And the way your depth of carving the mouth and nose on PoleTiki and I forgot the other ones name. And I disagree with Gecko Tiki with all the palm left. It's different than most do. No offense Gecko-LOVE your work! Question?- Has anyone made a root palm tiki into a fountain? We're planning on trying one but probably take many since being our first carving. But having the mouth as the fountain part. We wanted something like that for our pool.

View Profile of divychic Send a personal message to divychic  Email divychic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 4:52 pm   Permalink

I like! ...Looks like each one gets better and better. Your first is certainly better than my first try! My first carvings were disasters. I had a problem with the infinitecimal patience and care it takes to really get a good one done. Looks like you have a cool experimental knack, too.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 5:13 pm   Permalink

Nice work... I agree, "Sleepy Tiki" is sweet.
Ch, Ch, Ch, Chia!

Aloha

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 5:33 pm   Permalink

Very nice! Love the big nostrels on that one!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 5:41 pm   Permalink

Dude your so in the club. I cant imagine how awesome a Tiki collaberation by you and Gecko would look. In fact a pole done by all the carvers on tc would be a big ticket item for sure.

Chongolio

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
7TiKiS
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-01-15 6:04 pm   Permalink

Wow...
The hits keep coming...

DivyChic - I've seen exactly what you are describing somewhere on the web... a fountain tiki with water coming from the mouth... hmmmm.

Tiki Royale - it doesn't show very well in the pic but sleepy tiki actually has a small palmetto bush growing on the right side of the root ball, and some smaller (but very green) weeds sprinkled around the ball.

Chongolio - funny you would mention that, I was wondering if there would be an interest in a "Carvers Corner" section of the bulletin board, where amatauers like myself could exchange tips / tricks or share design ideas.

I doubt the heavys (Wayne; Crazy Al or Don) would participate, but maybe there's others besides myself that would like to share ideas and techniques.

Then again... maybe not

Thanks again to all those that have contributed to the thread. I'm most appreciative of your comments.

7 TiKiS

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 9:07 pm   Permalink

Here is the link to a thread started a bit ago.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=1605&forum=1&56

I am still workin' a way on my first big carvin. Its been wet here so my chippin ground are kinda swampy right now. I need to check my chisels for rust.

I am still waiting to get a good find palm log. I live in Ca. So I know there is one lying around here somewhere.

Chongolio

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation