FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » i'll give you something to wine about!!
i'll give you something to wine about!!
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-05 5:23 pm   Permalink

..much has been said here about tiki type drinks...but what about a wine to fit your tiki bar needs?

I present this: Twin fin merlot

found this at the local CVS store......cheap at $6.99 abottle but it sure is yummy!!

...on the back it reads....."...our inspiration comes from a mix of california surf and sand.....all flavor and no worries......twin fin is at home around a bonfire on the beach or at the dinner table with the inlaws..."

i agree......stock yer bar today!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DemeraraDrinker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-06 07:38 am   Permalink

Cool label.

I would say try it in
Sangria. That's really good on the beach.

View Profile of DemeraraDrinker Send a personal message to DemeraraDrinker  Goto the website of DemeraraDrinker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-06 07:46 am   Permalink

Where's Robertiki? He has a wine bar so he might have some ideas on this. Not everyone is into rum or mixed drinks so it's probably not a bad idea to have a bottle of wine or two on hand for those that don't want to be completely left out of the fun.

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-05 4:08 pm   Permalink

The Big Kahuna
This has been out in our local Tescos for the last few weeks, 3 bottles for 10 quid. Not a bad red if you ask me, the white is alright.
South east Australian.
Perfect wine for the Tiki Bar, the story on the back label is that of Duke Kahanamoku

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/
www.thelondonluau.co.uk

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2009-01-05 16:10 ]

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-06 07:36 am   Permalink

My wife much prefers Merlot to most rum drinks, so I watch for deals. I picked this one up just for the label, though. No idea how it tastes, yet. About $4 at Spec's, in Austin.

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2009-01-06 07:42 ]

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-07 12:03 pm   Permalink

Judd's Hill is premier wine created by the main man from the Mai Kai Gents.

The Pinot Noir is indeed spectacular.
Oh, that it were more readily available throughout the US.

Alas, it is not.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-07 1:18 pm   Permalink

While not related in the alcoholic sense, I don't know if you all are aware that one of the guys in I Belli di Waikiki is a distributor back home in Italy for a fine espresso coffee. I found this out by checking out his ride when he pulled up for the Wässermusik Festival last Summer. I'm still awaiting my sample.

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 1:55 pm   Permalink

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 2:19 pm   Permalink

This is some fun stuff! Thanks for the plug, Pablus. None of our wine labels feature tiki artwork, but our winery does feature works by Tiki Diablo, Johnnie Velour, Gecko, Crazy Al, Bamboo Ben, and other swell artists. So... if you're ever in Napa Valley, come up and see us sometime. In the meantime, have a look at this:

www.juddsenormouswineshow.com

There be pirates! Tikis coming soon.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation