FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki The Tonga Room and Hurricane Bar ( *Image Heavy* ), San Francisco, CA (restaurant)

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
The Tonga Room and Hurricane Bar ( *Image Heavy* ), San Francisco, CA (restaurant)
tikifred
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-07 12:34 pm   Permalink

I just got an email today from the city of San Francisco Planning Department that includes some information about the fate of the Tonga Room. I was on an email notification list because I wrote an email to plead for saving the Tonga Room.

There's pages and pages of information on the whole project but if you sift through the table of contents, it mentions that they rejected the plan to protect the Tonga Room and keep it where it is, but it sounds like they are going to relocate it somewhere else in the building, like under the new Ballroom. It's sort of hard to tell, because there are codes and numbers telling you where the information is on the Tonga but I don't understand it. The sense I get is that they are going to relocate the Tonga somewhere else in the hotel.

View Profile of tikifred Send a personal message to tikifred      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation