FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Water / Fire Pit?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Water / Fire Pit?
teamtom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-12 4:52 pm   Permalink

any pics?

View Profile of teamtom Send a personal message to teamtom      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 02:13 am   Permalink

I usually don't do much picture taking. So, sorry no pics.

[ This Message was edited by: poptiki 2007-04-13 02:14 ]

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-24 6:35 pm   Permalink

Just found a patent for what you may be looking for. Patent number 3,038,064 from 1962 for a "decorative torch" by John H. Gieb. A large basin with a gas jet in the middle filled with water for yard or patio. I did the search on goggle patent search and can't figure out how to link to the thing. Maybe someone out there can help with a link or some pic's. This may be just the thing your after. Enjoy.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lvc

Posted: 2007-12-09 9:57 pm   Permalink

poptiki,

I have searched the WWW for days trying to find info on this subject. Did use use a regulator (like the ones on grills)? What did you use to ignite the flame? Any help here would be much appreciated.....

Thanks,

Chris

View Profile of lvc Send a personal message to lvc  Goto the website of lvc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-10 12:39 pm   Permalink

Here's a site that might be of interest:
http://www.burningideas.com/firefall/cauldron/diary1_constr99.html

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gksys

Posted: 2013-04-04 10:51 am   Permalink

I've been looking around for something like this for years. I finally stumble upon this. It's quite a bit out of my price range (expect a starting price near $2.5k), but I thought I'd at least share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JkiTzViuuoM

Investigating it further, I found that the manufacturer is Fire By Design. ( firebydesign.com )

They also seem to make a lot of cool Tiki torches too. Anyone who has money to burn (ha ha) might want to check them out.

[ This Message was edited by: gksys 2013-04-04 12:22 ]

View Profile of gksys Send a personal message to gksys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-04 11:11 am   Permalink

This website has video.

www.livingwateraeration.com/fire-fountains.html

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: How much gas pressure does it take to operate a Submersible GV Unit?
A: Submersible Units require at least 2 PSI to operate properly.

Q: How deep should I put the manifold below the surface of the water?
A:The closer the manifold is to the surface of the water, the better the performance.

Q: How large does the supply line have to be to the manifold?
A: 6 12 manifolds may run off of a supply line. The gas line will never be larger than 1 for the larger submersible units.

Q: How do I keep water out of my supply line?
A: The Submersible GV Units are designed with a vapor locking system and an in-line check valve to ensure that no water fills the gas line, giving you constant gas pressure.

Q: Does the system run on natural gas?
A: Yes. Our system runs on natural gas and requires a high output meter that will be supplied by your gas carrier at no cost to the customer. The customer will need to get ahigh pressure regulator installed to the fire feature with a pressure regulated spring rated at 3 6 PSI.

Q: Can this system operate on propane?
A: Yes. Our system runs on propane and needs to be equipped with a high output regulator supplied by your gas provider. It needs to be rated for at least 3 PSI and up.

Q: Can this unit burn indoors?
A: No.

Q: How long does the system last?
A: There is a one year warranty on the stainless steel material and the tips. The system is very durable and is built to last.

Q: How long does it take to install?
A: Each Submersible Unit should take about 10 minutes to install.

Q: What material does the manifold consist of?
A: 316 stainless steel material.

Q: How do I manually light a Fire Fountain or a fire feature?
A: A Fire Fountain or fire feature may be lit manually with a control valve close to the feature.

Note: Always stand UPWIND when lighting any fire feature.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-08 06:29 am   Permalink

Save yourself a fortune and buy the stainless fittings from McMaster Carr, and then the gas part from them, or another vendor. You should be able to put it together for about $200, depending on how many flames you want. $500 max.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki dan

Posted: 2013-04-24 4:00 pm   Permalink

Have you considered fire glass instead of water? Its much cheaper and probably lasts a LOT longer.

http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Fireplace-Accessories/Fire-Glass

View Profile of tiki dan Send a personal message to tiki dan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-24 5:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-04-24 16:00, tiki dan wrote:
Have you considered fire glass instead of water? Its much cheaper and probably lasts a LOT longer.

http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Fireplace-Accessories/Fire-Glass

The red fire glass mixed with the lava rock looks like it would create a cool looking volcano or molten lava.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-02 10:13 am   Permalink

The water/fire pit definitely looks cooler than the fire glass version... here is my propane fire pit with glass. The burner has a "solar" shape to it and I used mosaic glass beads to outline the flame pattern so it looks neat whether it is on or off. I like it because you can have a quick sit outside and turn it on. Unlike a real fire pit, its quick to start and easy to shut off when your done. But, the fire coming out of water would have a lot more wow factor I think.

I've got all the parts to convert it to natural gas and hope to do that next summer to avoid having to fill the tank again.

[ This Message was edited by: jimsflies 2013-10-02 10:16 ]

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevietripleg

Posted: 2014-06-18 09:15 am   Permalink

http://www.firesidexpressions.com/water-features/submersible-fire-on-water-manifold
This website will teach you everything you need. You can call them too and they will help you with the project!

View Profile of stevietripleg Send a personal message to stevietripleg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation