FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Introducing Me and my Tiki Surrealist Artwork
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Introducing Me and my Tiki Surrealist Artwork
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-09 5:57 pm   Permalink

Kia Ora. from Wellington NZ.
My name is Limey and this is my first hello to the Tiki Frat Shack. I'm looking to meet some cool crew and to show my work around a bit. I'm currently painting a series of Tiki-surrealist works for exhibit later this year but i've also
have released limited edition giclee prints for sale.

I have made considerable efforts to ensure the scanning, printing and paper is of the highest possible quality to produce beautiful archival standard art reproductions.
Each print is signed, numbered and limited to 75 prints plus artists’ proofs.
Specs: Scanning - Cruze under/over hi-res scanner. Printer - Epson 9800 with K3 archival inks.
Paper - Hahnemühle 310 g/m. acid free 100% German Etching Paper.
All prints have a clear border around the image.

NZ is a small market so I figure, go to the source. All feedback welcome.
Cheers for now. Limey

View Profile of Limey Send a personal message to Limey  Email Limey Goto the website of Limey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-09 6:01 pm   Permalink

Great style you got there Limey! Keep it up!

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-09 6:11 pm   Permalink

Thanks PockyTiki. glad you like. I do say, that's what I call a warp speed response.
cheers.

View Profile of Limey Send a personal message to Limey  Email Limey Goto the website of Limey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-09 6:13 pm   Permalink

I'm actually an artist myself, so feel free to mozy on over to Creating Tiki/ Other Crafts. Cheers!

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-09 6:47 pm   Permalink

G'day Liam, I've seen your work on TM before and really dig it. In fact, I had a bit of a look around to find out more about your work and already knew about your upcoming show! Nice to see you here - you'll fit in just fine. There are a couple of kiwis on TC already who you'll usually find in the Carving forum.
I'm sure you'll get plenty of interest in your art from the TC community - you can pimp your wares in the Tiki Marketplace, and also introduce yourself and post your work in the "Creating Tiki" section for feedback from other artists and members. Don't forget to check out all the amazing art the other TC creators are producing. You'll find your way around soon enough!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-09 7:31 pm   Permalink

Welcome to TC Limey, I love your work....it is really awesome. My favorite artist of all time is Michael Parkes. I truly appreciate surrealism (can't afford Dali). PM coming your way.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 04:17 am   Permalink

Talofa Limey!

Dig the paintings. Have a Mai Tai an' stroll the grounds, welcum to the Hotel Polynesia.

Hoka!
S T

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hawaiiansnowball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-10 3:54 pm   Permalink

Nice artwork - maybe we'll see you in Tiki Now! 4

Beautiful stuff

View Profile of hawaiiansnowball Send a personal message to hawaiiansnowball  Email hawaiiansnowball Goto the website of hawaiiansnowball     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-10 5:14 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the warm welcomes one and all. I feel right at home.
however a bit lacking in the insider lingo. What is Tiki Now 4.?

hawaiiansnowball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-10 5:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-10 17:14, Limey wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcomes one and all. I feel right at home.
however a bit lacking in the insider lingo. What is Tiki Now 4.?

Here's an Amazon link...

http://www.amazon.com/Tiki-Art-Now-Volcanic-Eruption/dp/0867196270

It's up to three volumes, I'm sure it's a matter of time before someone discovers your work to put in a book. The series are about up and coming Tiki artists; a nice glimpse into the world of Tiki art!

View Profile of hawaiiansnowball Send a personal message to hawaiiansnowball  Email hawaiiansnowball Goto the website of hawaiiansnowball     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 9:11 pm   Permalink

Great work Limey!
And the landscapes in the background add to the moody feel of the pieces! Welcome! Welcome!
come join us over in Creating Tiki!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 01:19 am   Permalink

Nice moody stuff mate - very kool Welcome to TC, hopefully you see some stuff to inspire you some more

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mouse Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 11:57 am   Permalink

Yeah! Very hip stuff! Looks like you B "edge"-a- bukadid, Limey. Welcome aboard........Remy

View Profile of Mouse Art Send a personal message to Mouse Art  Goto the website of Mouse Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-11 2:06 pm   Permalink

Hey Remy, not quite sure what your saying Remy but thanks... i think. Had a look through your website too.
Sweete-as.! A world is opening up to me. The gallery scene here is quite different. severe lack of people really.

I'm with you now Hawwiansnowball, on the book. I've seen earlier copies.
No problem with inspiriation here. I've got more than I can handle just browsing through TC.

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-11 3:21 pm   Permalink

Limey~
Cool work! Dark, moody backgrounds. Very serious looking indeed! What medium are you creating the originals in? Oils? What size are the originals? Welcome and Aloha! the Tiki Crucifex is truley awesome!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2007-04-11 15:22 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation