FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music New Bar need tunes!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New Bar need tunes!!
Whollycat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-10 11:25 am   Permalink

Crazed Mugs CD a must !!!

(contact Pablus via this forum)
Or...... see him perform his new tunes Friday night at the Mar during Hukilau !!!!!

Thanks and best of luck with your new venue .....

Aloha
Joe/Haole Kats

View Profile of Whollycat Send a personal message to Whollycat  Email Whollycat Goto the website of Whollycat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 06:24 am   Permalink

ryanc -- where is your tiki bar in PA? I'm hoping it's in Pittsburgh!

I agree with Joe -- get the Crazed Mugs CD, too (www.crazedmugs.com).

Aloha, and please post some pics of your bar!

T

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-26 11:23 am   Permalink

May I suggest a song from the Exotica album I'm writing? There is an excelent quality MP3 file of a song called "Island Mist". You may download it for free and use it in your tiki bar! It's about time someone started playing the corect genre of music in a new place. Not bad mouthing Mr. Buffet or Mr. Marley, but it's just not the right music for a TIKI bar. Like to get your opinion on it as a new listener to Exotica on how it compares to the classic stuff. Here is the link, it's a hidden page from the main site (I can't give this stuff away to EVERYONE, a brother has to make a buck ya know.) so you must use the link:

http://www.mindshaftmusic.com/exotica_project.htm

As I'm the composer, and you are actually trying to make your new establishment authentic, YOU sir, may have a free copy!

Mahalo and enjoy,

Tiki Bill

View Profile of Tiki Bill Send a personal message to Tiki Bill  Email Tiki Bill Goto the website of Tiki Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zenisee

Posted: 2007-07-13 10:03 pm   Permalink

Well, maybe you've abandoned Marley by now, but you might want to look into vintage reggae. (After a certain amount of exotica and mellow Hawaiian music, you may want to lively up yourself and your customers just a touch. This stuff will do the trick) As a starter, try, The Harder They Come deluxe edition 2 disc set. Includes the movie soundtrack (a classic) and a second compilation CD, mostly from the mid 1960s. On the strength of that compilation, I bought The Best of the Melodians (Trojan Records), which remains a favorite - like Hui Ohana, these guys sing straight from the heart. Other vintage - Sterling Mossman's "Happy in Hawaii " is a winner, and for a modern touch, Lushy is a fine group with some fun tracks. Modern Hawaiian vocal faves - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (aka Iz) and Kea'ili Reichel. To sample Hawaiian music, go to mele.com Oh, and no tiki bar should be without "Tiki Torches at Twilight" as sung by either John Hiatt or David Lindley. Have fun!

View Profile of zenisee Send a personal message to zenisee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation