FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Don't read, just BS here! Seriously!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
Don't read, just BS here! Seriously!
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-04-26 11:00 pm   Permalink

You do know of course that THESE are Little Lost Tiki Snacks, because that boy is NUTS!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-27 01:41 am   Permalink

Okay now gentlemen, let's relax and have a moment of reflection...

... Sneaky, the floor is again yours!

View Profile of Tipua Send a personal message to Tipua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 5:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-25 19:15, GROG wrote:
GROG not get to check this thread since this morning----whoo what a ride! Sneaky, I bet you don't know how much entertainment that gave the rest of TC.

Don't be emabarrassed by your carvings. Since you're a PROFESSIONAL ARTIST, you have a very good attitude towards criticism, and as you are well aware, you gotta start somewhere.

Grog,

Thanks again. I appreciate your comments, advice, and wit.

Thanks also to all those who privately encouraged me to continue. I've cleaned up the Moai-Hei-makau piece a bit with the Black and Decker dremel tool knock-off I just got. I don't have any attachments made for wood yet so it's still not that much improved. A few hours work and it's just a BIT smoother and more defined. I need to take my shopping lists I got from the carving threads and pick up a few basic implements, then after playing with the new toys perhaps I'll post again.

I don't know what thread the BK comment came from or what context it was made in. I saw a comment by Humuhumu in the other relevant thread that I could see some good points in. What I took from HH's comment, and how I'm choosing to interpret the quote from BK is that I shouldn't post pictures unless I've made some progress in my carving.
I shouldn't keep bumping my thread with new pix just to hear "Nice work" or encouragement etc. I have to admit that for first posts I am probably guilty of posting too many pix and comments. I was enjoying the encouraging words etc. but I didn't need to post so frequently. In the future I will TRY to avoid posting a pic. or update to my thread unless I feel a piece will show progress in honing my skills, has to do with a question I need answered/advice I need given, or unless I feel a piece is good enough that posting it will somehow add to the quality of the thread due to it kicking butt. The last reason I just posted may never happen.

Peace
ST

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-04-29 13:31 ]

edited to add this about criticism:

Someone who is about to admonish another must realize within himself five qualities before doing so [that he may be able to say], thus:

"In due season will I speak, not out of season. In truth I will speak, not in falsehood. Gently will I speak, not harshly. To his profit will I speak, not to his loss. With kindly intent will I speak, not in anger."

-"Vinaya Pitaka," translated by F.S. Woodward

From "Teachings of the Buddha," edited by Jack Kornfield

[ This Message was edited by: sneakytiki 2007-05-15 08:25 ]

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 5:29 pm   Permalink

I guess it's probably good to reel things in a little if that what the people in charge are
asking for. It's also likely that I post more pics of a particular piece than might be
necessary. Hang in there and keep plucking away, I know I will.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 5:06 pm   Permalink

BK's official comment about this whole thing is in keeping with the immature, emotionally retarded, elementary school "your-mama-joke" vibe around this topic lately: (blank, bored stare...) (poot...)

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 08:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-02 17:06, Basement Kahuna:
(poot...)

Someone open a window, BK just farted.....

[ This Message was edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-05-03 08:29 ]

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 6:32 pm   Permalink

Hey Sneak!
Your right, this thread really does suck.
I feel right at home here.

(great work, don't stop)

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation