FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Farm Rip-Offs - BEWARE!
Tiki Farm Rip-Offs - BEWARE!
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 05:30 am   Permalink

I recently saw a picture posted in "Tiki Finds" with some resin tikis that are unlicensed Tiki Farm designs. Don't buy these,these are rip-off designs!

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 06:08 am   Permalink

What are the design patents numbers?

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 08:22 am   Permalink

I beleive this would be more Copyright than Patent infringement.

Holden knows what to do if he chooses to.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-04-13 08:35 am   Permalink

GROG saw the thread title and had to check out the thread. GROG was wondering who Tiki Farm ripped-off. Just bastin' your balls, Holden (some more).

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 09:26 am   Permalink

Here's a link to the "Tiki Finds" thread/page with more clarification..

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=1099&forum=5&start=2625&2629

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 09:48 am   Permalink

Those are cool!!!
Anyone know where I can get a set?
Thanks,
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 2:35 pm   Permalink

..nice to know i'm not the only one dealing with this rip-off crap!! good luck!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 2:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-13 08:35, GROG wrote:
GROG saw the thread title and had to check out the thread. GROG was wondering who Tiki Farm ripped-off. Just bastin' your balls, Holden (some more).

Grog, bastin' my balls gives me a visual that I can do without!

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 2:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-13 14:43, MakeDaMug wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-04-13 08:35, GROG wrote:

Grog, bastin' my balls gives me a visual that I can do without!

That image is almost as bad as the "giblets" painting on the Tiki Farm Sale thread!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-04-13 7:46 pm   Permalink

Sorry about the visual, Holden. The word was supposed to be BUSTIN', not BASTIN'.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 8:08 pm   Permalink

Ernie, you're such a Turkey!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-21 08:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-13 20:08, little lost tiki wrote:
Ernie, you're such a Turkey!

Or he was craving it!

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Rich_pgh

Posted: 2007-04-23 06:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-13 05:30, Tiki Matt wrote:
I recently saw a picture posted in "Tiki Finds" with some resin tikis that are unlicensed Tiki Farm designs. Don't buy these,these are rip-off designs!

I'm surpirsed nobody has pointed this out yet, but the two on the far right are rip-offs too -- of the dreaded Party City Tiki!

Somehow the rip-off version looks more appealing -- must be the lack of eye-searing colors.

View Profile of Tiki_Rich_pgh Send a personal message to Tiki_Rich_pgh  Email Tiki_Rich_pgh     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 10:48 am   Permalink

A friend told me about JoAnn fabric selling tiki things and showed me a camera phone pic of a super sweet suffering bastard they had there. That was yesterday, so I went today and it wasn't there but I picked up bamboo mugs and plates that are pink and another color with Shag artwork all over it

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation