FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Forbidden Island Summer of Mug Phase One: Munktiki FI Anniversary Mug 4/22/07 REVEALED!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Forbidden Island Summer of Mug Phase One: Munktiki FI Anniversary Mug 4/22/07 REVEALED!
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-04-13 09:34 am   Permalink

There will be approx. 60 or so anniversary mugs for sale. Beginning at 2pm

One per customer only!

As with the Bad Liver sale, I will hand out numbered tags to people in line right before we open the doors so that you need not rush to the vending table when the doors open- your number will be held.

Do not sleep on the sidewalk! Alameda PD will chase you away if you are there at night.

Price is still TBD....

Please be prepared with cash for this sale- and for all the great vendors who will be there!!

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2007-04-18 09:17 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-13 12:38 pm   Permalink

Why would I sleep on the sidewalk when hiding in the bathroom stall the night before will keep me warmer and provide relief opportunities?

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 2:15 pm   Permalink

NOTE TO SELF: Do a sweep of restrooms at end of shift night before....

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-04-18 09:31 am   Permalink

I'm very pleased to at last bring you images of the Forbidden Island Anniversary Mug:

The Forbidden Island Skull

*Limited Edition of 60 cast from a new mold
*First ever two-tone paint for this design
*Custom decals
*Total sexiness

Behold:

Stuckie and I began discussing plans for this many moons ago. I wanted to see one of my all-time favorite Munktiki designs take on new life. I thought it would look great in a two-tone glaze. I like the contrast of the realistic bone glaze on a highly abstract interpretation of a skull. Stuckie knocked it out of the ballpark. The glaze is a rich natural bone color, with a lot of depth and texture to the smooth finish. The dark glaze in the eyes and nose blends into the bone perfectly. Yet another masterpiece from Stuckie & Munktiki.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 09:36 am   Permalink

That's a beautiful mug! Nice work! I don't suppose you've put a price on it yet for those of us who would like to budget appropriately?

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 09:41 am   Permalink

What special brain mix should be served in this beauty?

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-04-18 09:43 am   Permalink

*Do not line up before the sun comes up.
*You may not hold places in line. If you bring three of your friends who don't care about mugs so you can score a fistful of these, all of you must be in place in the line the entire time. You will then get four, but you will be a dickhead.
*One per customer
*There will be less than 60 available- several are promised.
*Don't bother asking me to mail you one.
*Don't bother asking me to hold you one. A few are being held for staff and vendors only.
*I am sorry about this, but price is still TBD. It will be available by itself, or as a combo with the anniversary poster- which is also total sexiness.
*I will hand out numbers shortly before the doors open.
*Please bring cash for this!

Don't mean to be an ass- just trying to get it all sorted and out there in the open.

Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 10:10 am   Permalink

Wow, that mug is super sweet. Ugh, I don't think I'll be able to make it. If anyone gets one and wants to part with it, I'm game

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 10:11 am   Permalink

I can't see the photos very well, through all the slimey lick marks on my screen.....

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-18 12:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-18 09:43, martiki wrote:
*Do not line up before the sun comes up.
*You may not hold places in line. If you bring three of your friends who don't care about mugs so you can score a fistful of these, all of you must be in place in the line the entire time. You will then get four, but you will be a dickhead.
*One per customer
*There will be less than 60 available- several are promised.
*Don't bother asking me to mail you one.
*Don't bother asking me to hold you one. A few are being held for staff and vendors only.
*I am sorry about this, but price is still TBD. It will be available by itself, or as a combo with the anniversary poster- which is also total sexiness.
*I will hand out numbers shortly before the doors open.
*Please bring cash for this!

Don't mean to be an ass- just trying to get it all sorted and out there in the open.

Yippee! I appreciate it when people are up front and organized. And yeah, no penisheads!

[ This Message was edited by: theded1 2007-04-18 12:22 ]

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 2:25 pm   Permalink

Mug Weirdos unite!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 4:35 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting pic's . I know I'll be inline early . Can I brind a tent in case it rains? HAHA I'll share so everybody can be dry.

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 5:25 pm   Permalink

"Wow, that mug is super sweet. Ugh, I don't think I'll be able to make it. If anyone gets one and wants to part with it, I'm game"

That means that you, by definition, would have to get one from a dickhead.

Which is still cool cause Atomic still needs these mugs.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 7:14 pm   Permalink

ah....yes... the ground rules............Thank you for posting.
Always good to know what the deal is. What about leaving the line for bathroom breaks or should I bring my sportscatheder?

After waiting in Line for Rolling Stones tickets a few times this will be a breeze.

...and I have the perfect spot behind my bar for that beautiful mug!

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
minitor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-18 7:16 pm   Permalink

First there was Bad Liver, now a Forbidden Island Skull. What body part will be next? A bent elbow???

View Profile of minitor Send a personal message to minitor  Email minitor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation