FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Unlucky Tourist Decanter by Dirty Donny/Tiki Farm Release Party at Forbidden Island 5/6/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Unlucky Tourist Decanter by Dirty Donny/Tiki Farm Release Party at Forbidden Island 5/6/07
TIKI-TONGA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-05 2:56 pm   Permalink

Dirty Donny, the decanter and poster are awesome. I sent you a PM.

View Profile of TIKI-TONGA Send a personal message to TIKI-TONGA  Email TIKI-TONGA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-05-06 11:02 am   Permalink

TONIGHT!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 11:20 am   Permalink

The DOCTOR will be in the House!

With 160 posters I feel pretty confident I can score one of those....if I miss one of the 60 mugs I can always get mine, unsigned , from Tiki Farm!

Now to figure out how to get around the damaged freeway that I've avoided since last week!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 11:48 am   Permalink

Now I've lost my mind!

I swear I read a post somewhere about the prices, if not here were?
I've checked every category and nothin'!

There was a price for the decanter, the poster or the set.

Where did it go?

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 8:44 pm   Permalink

Dirty Donny's MySpace Bulletin is prolly where you read it! There's a two-fer deal but i forgot the prices.....Hope that helps!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-05-07 10:17 am   Permalink

I hope folks had a good time last night. I never really looked up from the bar so I have no idea who was there- we wuz slammed! It was a great time- great sets of tunes from Otto and Big Nate, and I think Donny still has a few posters left- he'll sell them on his website.

Mahalo!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dirty Donny
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-07 10:25 am   Permalink

Just wanted to give you all a shrunkenHead thanks
for the people who came to the Decanter release show!
The show was a blast and we all had a great time.
We underestimated the decanters popularity and sold out in the first hour, posters too!!!
Sorry to those folks who didn't get a Decanter, but fear not! you can still get one at
http://www.tikifarm.com
Wanted to also thank the Killer DJ's, Otto, Nate and Fitz as well as Tiki Farm and the Forbidden Island for helping to make this happen!
Mahalo!
Dirty Donny

View Profile of Dirty Donny Send a personal message to Dirty Donny  Goto the website of Dirty Donny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dirty Donny
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-07 10:32 am   Permalink

Posters are sold out as well.
Sorry if you didn't get one last night.
That said, I stashed a few at home and might be pulling them out for the car shows this summer or in the future but the $20 deal was show night only.
And Black cat press
http://www.blackcatpress.com has a stash but I don't know what they plan to do with it?
Thanks again, we had an amazing time!!!

View Profile of Dirty Donny Send a personal message to Dirty Donny  Goto the website of Dirty Donny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 1:19 pm   Permalink

Hey,
Some of you might have decanters with the corks coming off of the lid. If so, either Loctite Professional or JB Weld will do the trick. We can also replace them for you if necessary at no charge - no sweat. I'll also post this in the decanter's marketplace thread.
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dirty Donny
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-07 3:09 pm   Permalink

All the decanters sold at the release party have been taken care of and are solid so no worries folks!

Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 12:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-07 13:19, MakeDaMug wrote:
Hey,
Some of you might have decanters with the corks coming off of the lid. If so, either Loctite Professional or JB Weld will do the trick. We can also replace them for you if necessary at no charge - no sweat. I'll also post this in the decanter's marketplace thread.
Holden

I did notice on mine that the "hair bone" had no glaze on the bottom edges of it....were they all like that?

Dirty Donny
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-10 7:56 pm   Permalink

All of mine are like that.
I believe it's part of the firing process.
Also like the bottom rim on a good percentage of mugs.
Holden?

MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-11 10:54 pm   Permalink

To achieve the aesthetic, the outer lower portions approached bisque coordinates with the bases of the lids... didn't want to take away from the design element so we had to sacrifice glaze there to put 'em in our kiln without muddying up the shelves. design wins out.

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dirty Donny
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-29 12:41 pm   Permalink

I have and art/party with my pal Alan Forbes this weekend Sat May 3rd at the Lucky 13 in San Francisco.
I just ordered a bunch of my new ShrunkenHead "Unlucky tourist" mugs and will have some decanters on hand to sign!
We will also both have oroijonal art, drawings and rare posters.
I'm going to pull some of the Decanter party posters (Forbidden Island) from my archive!
Hope to see you there!
Donny
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2179/2283711961_0b4852607b_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3256/2450492869_bd551580d5_o.jpg

[ This Message was edited by: Dirty Donny 2008-04-29 12:42 ]

aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 10:58 am   Permalink

Looks like Dirty Donny has an entry in Kidrobots popular "Dunny" series. A LOT of great artists contribute to the "Dunnys"...such as Joe Ledbetter and Frank Kozik. Dunny Series 5 comes out next month. Congrats to Donny!

[ This Message was edited by: aquaorama 2008-08-13 10:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: aquaorama 2008-08-13 11:00 ]

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation