FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Don Ho has passed on.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Don Ho has passed on.
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-15 12:01 pm   Permalink

We saw him 3 years ago and he was fantastic. I was saddened to hear the news yesterday. I had hoped I would get to see him in august when we were heading back to Hawaii.... We will toast him for sure, he is one of the reasons I love tiki and hawaiian music.....sad

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-15 12:44 pm   Permalink

The entertainment at the luau on the 'otherside' just got bumped up a few stars.

Rest in Peace,

Brad 'Beachcomber' Owens

P.S. Ben, that was awesome JB and Mr. Ho? Awesome.

BO

View Profile of Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens Send a personal message to Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens  Email Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens Goto the website of Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-15 12:48 pm   Permalink

Don Ho's souvenir program says it all...Aloha-The Fabulous Don Ho!

Here's to you Don! Aloha!

PTD

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-04-15 12:51 ]

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-15 1:24 pm   Permalink

'The Big Luau in the Sky' has one more great performer. What a show it must be!!
R.I.P. Don Ho!

[ This Message was edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2007-04-15 17:58 ]

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-15 3:22 pm   Permalink

Back in 2000, the Travel Channel's Samantha Brown ("Great Hotels" and some other travel series) had an episode of her island series "Girl Meets Hawaii" called "Hawaiiana" (about Hawaii collectibles and merchandise)...and near the end of the show she did a short bit on Don. I know some people don't like Samantha Brown and think she's too silly or something...but I uploaded the segment to YouTube, as I think what little there is of actual Don in it, is rather good at conveying his general great spirit. So especially for those that might never have seen footage of Don or footage of him in his later years...here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZIG9BnTJdM

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DaneTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-15 5:46 pm   Permalink

It's been forever since I commented here, but I saw the sad news and felt I had to come back at least once. We'll always have his music and example to follow, but that is scant comfort today.

View Profile of DaneTiki Send a personal message to DaneTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-15 7:00 pm   Permalink

Did

anyone

have

Mimosa's

today??

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. Zombie Village SF, TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Ti

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-15 7:01 pm   Permalink

I, too, had just purchased some extra Suck 'em Up glasses at the Tiki Farm sale; very sad & surreal to come home and find the news. I had actually just sent someone an email saying I was able to get some more of the glasses, and saw the little headline immediately after hitting "send."

Very thankful that I was able to see him for a second time at the Beachcomber just two months ago. You could see that the health problems were taking a toll, but he was still Don. Mahalo, Mr. Ho. I'll remember you.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-15 7:11 pm   Permalink

Hey Don,
You better not suck 'em all up, until we get up (or down) there!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-15 9:12 pm   Permalink

Wow...man...that's too much. An American original.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 07:34 am   Permalink

I'm upset that I was never able to see him perform. The one time that I was in Waikiki with a reservation for his show, he flew out to Orange County for some reason.

A true legend and a hell of a singer. You'll be missed Don.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 11:44 am   Permalink

I didn't get to see him when I was in Oahu, as we were only there for a day and a half before going to Kauaii.
But I did get to see part of his show in Hollywood,about 5 years back, when the Dynotones were playing with him at the Key Club.

Adam Corolla( ex of the Man show/Love line,-now has a morning radio show)
He said that he talked to Don Ho one time, and he was funny.
He had heard that Don had a huge section of land on Hawaii. Then he asked him
if he grew any pot on the land, Don just laughed and smiled.

Surf's up Don, Mahallo
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hawaiiansnowball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-16 11:47 am   Permalink

Yeah, I heard that this morning too!

It is sad that Don Ho, Elvis of Honolulu has finally gone... hopefully he's having a few Mai Tais in the Big Hukilau in the sky

View Profile of hawaiiansnowball Send a personal message to hawaiiansnowball  Email hawaiiansnowball     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-16 2:05 pm   Permalink

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 2:15 pm   Permalink

So sad. Raising another toast to Don.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation