FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Cocktails with Al ( Image heavy)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Cocktails with Al ( Image heavy)
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-19 07:16 am   Permalink

Hello, Hard day?, Take a load off. Welcome to the Lagoon Room.

I hear you like Tikis? I've got some around here somewhere.

You know what I was just thinking about? COCKTAILS!! Now there are some fine mixers on this board. Since I've been posting on TC, I have had some great drinks, mixed by some great bartenders. Mai Tais, Reverb Crashes, China Clippers, Scorpions, Monkey Pods, Pain Killers, Hell in the Pacifics, Tahitians, Fog Cutters, Queen Park Swizzles, Suffering Bastards, Hurricanes...Hell, the list just goes on and on. My point is, if you want to know how to make Tropicals, ask TC, People here know what to do.

Now, what I mean to do with this thread is explore a different cocktail every week. I'll post my thoughts on recipe, presentation and drink-ability. It is my purpose to invite debate. I hope to see some spirited discussion on this thread. Everyone has an opinion and it is all good. Lets here what you have to say. Be vocal.

Now some post about form and process can get a little preachy. Remember, Manners are the way we show others we respect them, so please be courteous. If you want to storm this thread as some arrogant, self absorbed, King of the Bartenders, please don't, just write it in your blog so I can avoid reading it.Thank you.

Room 135 will live forever

Thanks Jeff

A gift from OMIH Fil Slash, Thanks Fil!!!

First drink we'll tackle- The Planters Punch (coming soon)

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-04-19 08:42 am   Permalink

Glad to see the resurrection of the Lagoon Room. (Don't let Bamboo Ben see those white walls.)
Good thread, too. GROG definitely want to know more about the recipes, taste, and mixing of cocktails from the experienced alcoholics----(oops)---- mixologists on the board.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-19 10:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-19 08:42, GROG wrote:
(Don't let Bamboo Ben see those white walls.)

I was just thinking that since Ben hit me with that. Great pics Al, utopiandreem & I were bummed to have missed out seeing it in person last Saturday, maybe next time.

Birdie Num Num

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bird 2007-04-19 15:38 ]

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-19 10:46 am   Permalink

Fantasic setup!! I vote to move it to the "post pics of your home bar here" thread in Creatiing Tiki though.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-19 10:53 am   Permalink

What a beautiful room! I hope you don't mind if I steal a few ideas (and that sofa) for my own humble space! Great job, Al!
Cheers!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mytah
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-19 12:30 pm   Permalink

What recipe is that Electrosol used in?

View Profile of Mytah Send a personal message to Mytah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-19 12:49 pm   Permalink

Al, your Lagoon Room is beautiful. We really enjoyed our visit there. I was very impressed with your creations. And the Tiki Season begins...

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-04-19 2:56 pm   Permalink

Al-ii I really enjoyed The Waikikian that I had in the Lagoon Room, What's the story on that one?

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-19 3:47 pm   Permalink

Good to have you "back" Al!
Looks great.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-19 3:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-19 07:16, Al-ii wrote:

Wow, you read my mind! That was the drink I was going to suggest as I read through your post. A great drink to start off with, especially considering it's historical significance and all. Much mahaloz for the fantastic Planters Punch that you made for us at the Lagoon Room - it was the best!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-04-19 5:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-19 07:16, Al-ii wrote:

Oops! I missed that part but it's okay because I also really enjoyed The Planters Punch that I had in the Lagoon Room, What's the story on that one Al?

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-19 6:25 pm   Permalink

TOTAl-ii TIKIFIED! You've got great taste Al. Can't wait to break in that bar.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-21 3:22 pm   Permalink

Wow nice Bar. Invite me next time! lol I love the top -less Wahine, do you know know anything else about the piece Al? Very Nice

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-21 4:08 pm   Permalink

Beatiful bar, and all the furniture is awesome. I am looking forward to getting a virtual drink there.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 5:36 pm   Permalink

One thing that I would like to bring up on this thread. Al's Lagoon Room is well stocked, and he can pretty much make up any drink at a moment's notice. He even had dry ice, for christ's sake! I am actually setting up my home bar this week, and I would appreciate advice on how to stock a tiki bar - I'm talking alcohol, mixers, tools, glassware, swizzles, accessories, etc. I would like to be able to whip up just about any drink from the grog logs or throw a small party without hesitation. Granted, I already have a fairly good selection of rums, mixers, a couple of shakers, a blender, some glassware, and of course tiki mugs. Still, I'd like to hear advice - it would help me out, and I'm sure would be beneficial to others, whether they are setting up a tiki bar in their house, or they already have one in full swing.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation