FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Any Artists fancy showing their work at The London Luau 2007
Any Artists fancy showing their work at The London Luau 2007
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-20 07:55 am   Permalink

If there are any Artists out there that want to submit any work to show at this years Luau please get in touch.
Email Submissions to
info@thelondonluau.co.uk
Artists are responsible for getting their work here and back.
(Good chance to maybe sell work cash in on the strong English Pound)
Dates for Submission 21 May, work needed by the end of May

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-20 09:49 am   Permalink

Why I'd love to, good early submission date too, that'll stop me waiting to the last possible moment to post my art down south.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-20 12:28 pm   Permalink

Really looking forward to this year's London Luau Art Show! My friend bought the 'Wee Drunken Tiki' that AtomicTikiTony put into the show and I just had to have the 'ExOtic IsLe' painting that Tiki tOny did especially for the LUAU! Kinda odd how things work out? Looking forward to seeing what is on offer this year, although I don't think I'll be buying as I've been ploughing most of my cash in to getting POCKETIKI Magazine out! Mind you...if it sells, who knows! We'll definitely be covering the LONDON LUAU in issue #4 so if you can't make it to TRADER VIC's and the other venues, you can see what you missed!

See you there! - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-20 12:32 pm   Permalink

Yes please, I've been working on some new pieces.

Larger and more detailed.

More soon...

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-20 12:44 pm   Permalink

HEY! This show looks to be getting better and better!

Trader Jim - (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-21 11:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

...the 'Wee Drunken Tiki' that AtomicTikiTony...

Ooops! I just noticed...the Mai-Tais were obviously working in the early hours of this morning! I'm getting my 'AtomicTonyTikis' mucking fuddled up with my 'Tiki tOnys' again!! No wonder you didn't reply to my PM...Sorry! I'll be saying 'Edinborough' just like our US cousins with a couple more inside me! No not 'Tikis' or 'Tonys' you filthy sods! By the way I popped round to my friend Sean's house, he was out but his wife was in, so I had another good look at it....Hey! Wait a minute, you're making your own filthy jokes up now!!! Any way...'The Wee Drunken Tiki' was basking in the sun in the tiki bedecked conservatory having a wail of a time! I couldn't work out if the end on his 'little chap' was getting a tad sunburned or maybe he was just pleased to see me, I know what I want to believe!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Tai-Mai!...Oh bugger it's happenin' again!!!).

atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-21 12:17 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2007-04-21 11:19, POCKETIKI wrote:
Quote:

I'll be saying 'Edinborough' just like our US cousins

MTV Europe awards in 2003 were in Edinburgh and Christina Aguilera was proudly showing off that she could pronounce "Edin-brah" correctly, then she announced she'd also learnt she would be referred to in the local parlance that she was a "dirty wee hinger", she looked chuffed about it, I spat my tea in laughter.
A "hinger" is the cross of two words the common "Minger" (Although now more commonly used to define an extremely visually challanging appearance, the word minger originally came from scottish gaelic, meaning 'septic vagina'.) and "Hoaching" (covered by a mass of living things, infested.).
So Miss Christina Aguilera was proud to be a "filth covered small septic vagina, jumping with lice", which I don't think anybody was about to explain to her.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-21 2:23 pm   Permalink

[/quote]
...So Miss Christina Aguilera was proud to be a "filth covered small septic vagina, jumping with lice", which I don't think anybody was about to explain to her.
[/quote]

Oh the joys of the English language! I nearly split my pants (US)!!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 08:16 am   Permalink

Any other Artists? There is still time?
The Gallery space we have is huge and based in one of the coolest streets in London, in an area famed for spawning some of the UKs best new artists, The Truman Brewery, Brick lane.

Artists so far include:

Dr Alderete (Mexico)

Tiki Racer (UK)

Heather Watts (Canada)

Phil Corbett (UK)

Charlie Adam (France)

Atomic Tony Tiki (UK)

Sistar S'pacific (Samoa/New Zealand)

Tiki tOny (U.S.A)

Sunny Buick (France)

TiKi SharK (U.S.A)

Dlozeau (U.S.A)

Sam Knight (U.K)

Tangaroa Tuane (Maori Ta Moko Tattoo artist NZ)

Lionel Pera Anderson(NZ)

David Hellun (UK)

George Nuku (NZ)

Forbidden Paradise (Germany)

And more to come

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 12:32 pm   Permalink

Count me in Cheeky!
thanks for the e-mail last week! Actually grabbed a few goodies to send to you tomorrow or Tuesday! I picked 7 pieces out with some other goodies to offer the london crowd! it's the least i can do, seeing as our president has had such an evil influence on Mr. Blair!
How exciting to be able to not only exhibit with such a talented zany group of folks;but also to be able to share the LUV overseas! Thanks again for the Honor!
why ain't these artists posting their beautiful work here? Camera shy?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 4:34 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing your work at the LONDON LUAU 'little lost tiki'! I think most artists are saving their work for the event? I guess it takes out the element of surprise if all the art has already been posted on TC. I'm sure all those who make it to the LUAU will be rewarded by a great art show, and those that don't will get to see the art on TC afterwards. Seems kinda fair? A NEW artist who will be showing at the LUAU is the mysterious MAMMA TIKI, her work is going to win some fans I'm sure!! Watch this space if you can't make the LUAU!

POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-29 5:34 pm   Permalink

Just saw the new pieces that MAMMATIKI has been working on for the LONDON LUAU. They look great, and no two are the same! I'm just hoping we can get one of these before we can't afford them anymore! Don't you just hate it when that happens?!?!?! Mind you, luckily, I was given the first, and only six, of the first ever piece as a Birthday present back in January...the 12th if anyone wants to make a note, ha, ha!

Tiki Racer has been busy on a new lino-cut which I know will be cool if the first 'Tiki Racer' piece is anything to go by! You'll just eat up his his work at the art show too!!

frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-01 09:02 am   Permalink

Man, I wish I had time to get something to the show, that would be über-cool.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 12:50 pm   Permalink

Here's my submissions for the art show

title - fatu hiva [inspired by the book of the same name by Thor Heyerdahl]

title - if only they had finished

Both are A1 sized.

Very excited now, not long to go.

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation