Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-25 10:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-23 11:03, tikibars wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-04-22 18:57, Swanky wrote:
Any non-Bacardi white will improve it.

Careful with that word 'any' Tim!

I'm thinking of Castillo, and not liking that thought...

Castillo...oh the college days.

Appleton White, Matusalem White, or Havana Club White. They're all good. Club is from Cuba so harder to get.

Pernod has grown on me. Try it (or the native Herbsaint) in a Sazerac Cocktail. Not quite Tiki, but lucious. Also, other Pernod drinks:

Death In The Afternoon
Red Witch

View Profile of DemeraraDrinker Send a personal message to DemeraraDrinker  Goto the website of DemeraraDrinker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 2:47 pm   Permalink

I'm enjoying a nice Pernod on the rocks out on my deck in the warm sunshine. I have a hard time understanding how it's gotten such a bad rap. Of course, I like that really salty Finnish licorice too, so maybe that explains my fondness for it.

There's a nice article over at
The Spirit World on Pernod cocktails.

Weblog: Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-29 11:15 am   Permalink

I agree, the Pernod is nice, on the rocks, with a bit o' water and sugar cube. I tend to like all of the anise/licorice liquors. The salty Finnish licorice however tastes like ammonia. Once the bank account recovers from the demerara impact of last week, I will experiment with the sazerac cocktail. So many good ideas and advice here. Almost time for cocktail hour. Thanks you all.

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 10:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-29 11:15, jingleheimerschmidt wrote:
Thanks you all.

For what? Encouraging you to wipe out your bank account? Some friends we are...

But yup, a home bar is like a boat. You buy one and start pouring all your money into it.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 11:06 am   Permalink

Pretty funny, GatorRob! Friends,indeed! Interesting that you mention the fact that a bar is like a boat...This summer's tentative plan involves cutting up an old wooden dinghy (currently a black widow farm) for incorporation into the outdoor bar / BBQ pit. I will add a small table in between the seating planks and , voila!, ambiance via redneck ingenuity.

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-25 10:05 pm   Permalink

look at all the old familiar tiki nerds on this old thread!

heh.

now seriously-- i made a test pilot tonight-- anybody else notice how it tastes like an alacoholic Sarsi??

masarap!

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-26 09:36 am   Permalink

Bring in the defibrillator! We can make this thread live again! Soooo...what's Sarsi?

TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-26 09:42 am   Permalink

It's the "Faygo of Taiwan"!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarsi_(drink)

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation