FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Another how to make a bad mai tai video
Another how to make a bad mai tai video
Tiki Pop
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-21 8:06 pm   Permalink

check out the section called "Liquid Assets" at the O.C. Register website. www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sections/life/food/

then click on the maitai on page 3 of drinks. Its the way Roys duzz it.

View Profile of Tiki Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Pop      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-21 8:20 pm   Permalink

That Mai Tai does not sound good...but I did like the sound of the Pomegranite Mojito.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-22 12:51 am   Permalink

accck... Cranberry in a Mai Tai just doesn't sound right at all. Now cranberry Juice in Vodka... ya gotta nice cape cod

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ HawaiianShirt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 05:46 am   Permalink

"And then pineapple juice... just let every Mai Tai."

View Profile of DJ HawaiianShirt Send a personal message to DJ HawaiianShirt  Goto the website of DJ HawaiianShirt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 06:29 am   Permalink

I noticed that none of the videos had anyone stirring the drinks. If they brought you that Mai-Tai and you hit the straw, POW! a mouth full of Bacadari beforeyou get anything else.

It was a pretty Mai-Tai when they got done, and the pineapple leaf as garnish was interesting enough I may start doing that. And, if I add a pineapple leaf to my Mai-Tais then I can say I have one like everyone else because it has pineapple in it.

I am really enjoying all of these "Bad" drink video posts and I think someone should start to pull all of the links together into one big super-bad thread.

Then I think we as the 'better' drinkers need to start making video posts about how to do it correctly and get the word out. How many of us have blogs that we can use? How many of us have a digital camera with a video mode? How many of us have digital camcorders? There is no reason why we can't turn the tide against the pineapple Mai-Tais ourselves.

Go! To the Bars! Camera's in hand! Show the world the beauty and magic and mystery that is a well made Mai-Tai!

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 10:21 am   Permalink

That was just wrong, no shaking, no orgeat. They call for Curacao but substitute tripple sec. That's all kinds of not right.

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 11:46 am   Permalink

They started out by saying he was going to make a "special mai tai" so by special they must have meant the type of drink that rides on the short bus, also they lost me when they referred to the glass as a "bamboo glass". Mixology college sure has changed.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation