FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki What's your Tiki budget?
What's your Tiki budget?
Captain Ambience
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-01-17 10:18 am   Permalink

I'm a bit of a low rent m-fer myself so I try not to spend over five bucks on anything. I've been pretty lucky with my e-bay purchases and other finds. The cool thing is when friends and family find out that you are into tiki that is what they get you for x-mas and birthdays.
I don't look at any of my tiki stuff as an investment, I just like the good company they provide. Luckily my pad is small so I'm pretty much maxed out. I haven't bought anything besides vinyl records in about a year.
Some of you seem like pretty hardcore collectors though. Anyone getting ultilties shut off because you spent all your dough on tiki?

turn up your speakers and click on this: http://www.dirtyradio.net/~tylero/thrift_store_radio.mp3

View Profile of Captain Ambience Send a personal message to Captain Ambience  Email Captain Ambience Goto the website of Captain Ambience     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
waikiki tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-17 10:49 am   Permalink

My boyfriend and I are both college students so of course we can't afford anything over $10 usually! We aren't trying to collect everything tiki out there though, just what we like....but if we really like it we'll live cheap for a while in order to own it! We are quickly amassing tons of tiki records, a couple are even signed (but I have no idea who they are). They are always the cheapest thing to buy around here. I can't imagine shelling out tons of money for some tiki right now....I wonder if we will be like that when we are older? Hmmmm....

Happy Tiki Hunting!

View Profile of waikiki tiki Send a personal message to waikiki tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-17 10:53 am   Permalink

My tiki budget is -6,000.00 and getting worse every day!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-17 11:04 am   Permalink

Usually it goes something like this:

Highly sought after Tik mug, yaaae!

or

Insulin prescription, harummph?

Tiki mug!!!....insulin? TIKI MUG, or insulin? The room is getting darker, TEE-Kee mug!!! or insu...whaaa, why are you here Grandma? Tee, but I don't wanna go to the light Grandma, -sulin...what's a tee-sulin?

Floating now, yee wooo...What, the friggin' mug costs how much, barnacles!

Lousy insulin,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Ambience
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-01-19 09:49 am   Permalink

Heh, a friend came over once, looked over all my tiki swag and asked how much money I wasted on "this crap".
I asked him how much he spends on weed every week.
"Uh, at least $100."
That's over 5 grand a year!

turn up your speakers and click on this: http://www.dirtyradio.net/~tylero/thrift_store_radio.mp3

View Profile of Captain Ambience Send a personal message to Captain Ambience  Email Captain Ambience Goto the website of Captain Ambience     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation